Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What happens next?

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Dunk gets sold in the summer
Uwe gone already, Hemed, Kayal, Skalak, Rosenior, Sidwell all go too
Togetherness in the squad disappears
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Continue to struggle for goals, away in particular
The boo boys moan at Hughton for being too negative
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.

No pressure Winstanley and co...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Blimey, how to make the bank holiday depressing [emoji53]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I don't see any reason for a drastic overhaul of the squad, we have an 18/19 who can compete in the league so we simply need to add to this. Our record of signing CB's who are very good and dependable is incredible so if Dunk goes we will have signed one already for around 10% of the sale price.

3 seasons where survival is enough! I won't be calling for any change in manager unless we are cast adrift from everyone by Christmas, but even then CH is the ideal man to get us promoted if we do get relegated.

We have battled with most teams and done ourselves proud. Arguably done better against Man Utd than most of the bottom 5 clubs, which is where we need to concentrate gaining some wins next season. 3 wins from those 10 games is a poor return if we hope to avoid being involved in that battle next season.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If there's one time I hope we don't have second season syndrome, it's next season

It would be a shame celabrating 10 years of Tony being relegated.

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
Or

Dunk gets sold in the summer for big money, and we invest wisely with a replacement that we already have lined up.
Uwe gone already, Hemed, Kayal, Skalak, Rosenior, Sidwell all go too. All replaced with younger players.
Togetherness in the squad remains because, as we have seen previously, the recruitment team take character into account as well as ability and talent. Ryan for Stockwell being a great example of this.
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half and a cup run, and that's exactly what happens.
Instead os spending big on a flop we unearth a couple more gems like Gross and Propper
Win a few games
Continue to struggle for goals away, but home form remains impressive.
The boo boys moan at Hughton for being too negative, because some people always want more. But the vast majority appreciate how much we are progressing.
Knockaert has his best season yet and Murray continues to defy his age
We win a few games on the bounce.
Relegation? Not even a possibility

Who know who will be closer to next season's reality, you or me? But I'm already excited about the possibilities for next season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I was really looking forward to next season but this thread has given me the reality check I needed. Don’t think I’ll bother going now. Anyone interested in taking my ST?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I got all excited thinking it was going to be one if those Quedtion of Sport rounds when David Coleman was in charge.
Instead I almost choked on my breakfast with this drivel

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Some people really do not know how to handle the successes of the team they supposedly support. Enjoy it. Stop catastrophising, it only lowers your mood and for no purpose whatsoever.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Fans kid themselves into thinking we should be aiming for mid table/top half amd a cup run
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
Knockaert and Murray take pelters and are accused of "not being good enough for the Prem" and "too old"
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

In short, with the squad getting older and the core of the "Together" team likely to be broken up, the transfer business in the summer is absolutely critical for us to avoid second season syndrome.

Unfortunately some of our delusional fans don't help matters because you know the knives will be out of things take a downturn, regardless of the wonderful job Hughton has done.

What a load of bollocks.

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
We spend big on a flop
Lose a few games
We lose a few more games
Relegation?

Or an alternative view:

Dunk captains Brighton when Bruno is rested and becomes an England international
Our togetherness remains the envy of all other PL clubs
Even more kids want to wear Brighton shirts with true pride
We find another real nugget like Pascal or Davy
we win some games and lose some games - that's football
People learned to trust that Chris knows more about football than we do and stop bedwetting
Knockhaert continued to get better and better and Murray cemented his legend status before calling it a day
We finish above mid-table this time and enjoyed a good cup run
And people stopped complaining about early leavers after realising how boring that had become...

It's a great time to be a Brighton fan and none of us can possibly know how long it will last but boy am I am going to enjoy every moment

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Haven't finished this season yet!

This poster has a positive outlook

''Etihad to Anfield five days on the lash

4 Thumbs Down!
I simply cannot wait for Wednesday to come around. As we embark on our northwest tour to celebrate Chris Hughton and the best team I've ever seen in stripes in 49 years watching the Albion.
The atmosphere at the Etihad is likely only to be bettered by Anfield as they (we) send Liverpool off to win the champions league.

Staying over the four nights in between and doubtless having a few beers.

I am getting maximum value out of this first season in the Premier and I'm bloody loving it

Thanks TB
Thanks CH

Surely it doesn't get any better than this?''

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
I'm a 'pint half full chap you seem like a 'pint spilled on the best carpet' bloke. Jeez....talk about painting a rum picture?

Izzy and Locadia will shine next season. Four good signings (full back,defender, midfielder and striker) early in the window will give us the edge to progress. The team spirit will always be present whilst the likes of Bruno, Duffy,Stephens and Knocky are there. These things don't appear overnight and they don't normally disappear overnight either.

Target 50 points next season with the experience gained this season being worth a lot.

TNBA

TTF

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here