Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Away fans Friday

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
With a crowd of 30611, but no where near the 3000 away fans, did we charge United for the empty seats?
I ask as they charged us in advance for the FA Cup match? I do hope so.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Oh? There were away fans? That must have been the red splash at the end of the ground. I didn't hear a peep from that side of the Amex all night.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Utter shit fans. To be fair their cousins City were pathetic.

Nothing like Leeds

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Oh? There were away fans? That must have been the red splash at the end of the ground. I didn't hear a peep from that side of the Amex all night.

They were disappointing but from the northern end of the east, I could see that they were singing, loads of synchronised clapping etc, but we were just LOUD and drowned them out.

el punal

With a crowd of 30611, but no where near the 3000 away fans, did we charge United for the empty seats?
I ask as they charged us in advance for the FA Cup match? I do hope so.

The away club have to purchase the tickets in advance from the Albion. They (the away club) then make their revenue from selling to their fans. If they have any left over they have to take the hit on lost ticket sales. That’s the reason why away allocations differ according to the opposition, and are sold in incremental amounts according to demand. The maximum number for away fans at the Amex is 3,200 (I believe) for a Premier League game, which generally is taken up by most of the clubs. An exception would be Huddersfield, for example, who took less than the maximum allocation. In their case I think it was around 2,000. The remainder is then sold to home fans, hence the reason why the away section in the ground was smaller.

Regarding Man Utd, I don’t think for one second that they failed to sell all the tickets. Probably more a case of those ticket holders not being arsed to make a trip to the glorious south coast.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
There were definitely a few visable spots of empty away seats compared to other visitors.......Man Utd fans harvesting their loyalty point scheme? surely not .

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I had to make do with sky sports on Friday and to be fair they sounded pretty loud first half at least. Quietened as the game went on though (understandably i guess)

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
They were disappointing but from the northern end of the east, I could see that they were singing, loads of synchronised clapping etc, but we were just LOUD and drowned them out.

Fair comment. From my WSU viewpoint up at the northern end they were purely decorative. We were satisfyingly loud all night.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I had to make do with sky sports on Friday and to be fair they sounded pretty loud first half at least. Quietened as the game went on though (understandably i guess)

I suspect they don't know the words to "we're **** and we know we are" which would have beem appropriate in the 2nd half

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
The empty seats were at the eastern end, had Man U taken less than their alocation the stewards at the western end would have been over further and more £50 tickets to the Albion. They asked for and got 3000, the maximum we have to give them.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm in the lower west and they were quite loud UNTIL we scored - didn't hear a peep out of them afterwards.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I know of four guys who had a last minute family emergency and therefore didn’t make the trip from Manchester :shrug:

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Touts offering tickets near the bandstand close to kick off. Obviously no takers. Pretty blatant about it too. Shame the stewards/plods weren't interested

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Some on the train to Falmer giving it The Big I Am. Turned out they were from West Chiltington.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here