Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone else feeling a bit surreal today?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having worried and fretted about staying up from the moment we got promoted I am feeling very surreal about it today. No angst watching the scores of the games today, all pressure gone it just a very bizarre feeling to me.

Bloody hell, we ARE going to be in the Premier League next season, no ifs or buts :clap2:

It might hit home soon but I am still struggling to actually believe it. It feels weird.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Having worried and fretted about staying up from the moment we got promoted I am feeling very surreal about it today. No angst watching the scores of the games today, all pressure gone it just a very bizarre feeling to me.

Bloody hell, we ARE going to be in the Premier League next season, no ifs or buts :clap2:clap2:

It might hit home soon but I am still struggling to actually believe it.

100%

Beat Man United. Really ?
Staying up, 2 games left. Really ?
Got home at 11.30 last night and stayed up till god knows when watching the game, reading reports etc, buzzing too much to sleep
I can’t remember a Saturday where I have been so completely disinterested in other results

Isn’t it brilliant?! So looking forward to the Anfield trip.....just hope they’re safe in the top 4 by then.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Bloody hell, we ARE going to be in the Premier League next season, no ifs or buts :clap2:

It might hit home soon but I am still struggling to actually believe it. It feels weird.
Well said Icy.

I've had a smile on my face all day. So delighted we can relax now after a wonderful night. What a way to end our Premier league debut season.

Another big scalp for the history books.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

You too?

I’ve been like this all day.

Rene-Magritte-The-Son-of-Man-1964.jpg

el punal

100%

Beat Man United. Really ?
Staying up, 2 games left. Really ?
Got home at 11.30 last night and stayed up till god knows when watching the game, reading reports etc, buzzing too much to sleep
I can’t remember a Saturday where I have been so completely disinterested in other results

Isn’t it brilliant?! So looking forward to the Anfield trip.....just hope they’re safe in the top 4 by then.

I know. It’s absolutely crazy. Got home to Southampton at about 1.30 this morning having driven to/from the game with friends. Only allowed one celebration pint because of the driving but was so high on adrenaline. When I did get home I was completely cream crackered but couldn’t sleep as I was still buzzing. In the end I probably slept for three hours and then got up to read all the match reports and articles on my iPad. What a night and what a day! :albion2:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I know. It’s absolutely crazy. Got home to Southampton at about 1.30 this morning having driven to/from the game with friends. Only allowed one celebration pint because of the driving but was so high on adrenaline. When I did get home I was completely cream crackered but couldn’t sleep as I was still buzzing. In the end I probably slept for three hours and then got up to read all the match reports and articles on my iPad. What a night and what a day! :albion2:

I had to get up at 7 to play golf......wasn’t my best round [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
This whole weekend seems surreal. Hopefully we soon become an ‘established premier league team’ rather than a ‘relegation cert’ team. Can’t be doing with this stress every season.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Lovely feeling going in to todays games !

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Had an over-thought and, in retrospect, over-emotional chat with a mate after the game in which we agreed that the game has effectively been completed. What more are we going to do except try to stay up every year? We've seen Albion in every division, we've competed in the Money League, we've beaten Man U and Arsenal. No doubt I'll be back, cos I've nowt else to realistically do with my life nor any friends, but now would probably be the perfect time to do something more worthwhile with our weekends, we thought.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Thought it would be a bitter slog to the very final minute of the last game, magnificent effort by us

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I got a handshake from a Palace supporting colleague earlier. Even he was impressed.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Thought it would be a bitter slog to the very final minute of the last game, magnificent effort by us

For months, I’ve been dreading us needing to get something from the last game at Anfield. Now we don’t need to, I bet we will................

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Must have checked the "As it stands" tables several times on the live text on BBC before remembering it's not our problem anymore

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This weekend could not have been better. The game last night, the performance, the result, what it meant. Watching the scores today with a serene feeling of bliss because none of it really matters.

And to top it all, I had this. My daughter announced on Mothers Day that she is pregnant, so in September I'm going to be a GRANDAD. They went for the scan yesterday and wanted to know if it was a boy or a girl. So this afternoon, as I set up the BBQ, they arrived with this massive balloon. Me and the missus stood in the middle of the garden with this balloon held up. I burst it, and we were showered with blue and white confetti - its a boy. Alfie.

Tears. And when I bounce Alfie on my knee, and utterly brainwash him, one day this little chap will know that the very weekend I knew who he was (not just "bump"), our Seagulls beat Manchester United to secure our place in the Premier League for another year.

....I need a moment

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here