Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Better with Bruno

I know he is 37, and has had a few injury problems recently, but we are a much better team with Bruno playing at right back than Schelotto. His understanding with Knocky means we look stronger going forward and in defence. I'm so glad we have him for another season, but also hope we buy another right back for when Bruno can't play, because Schelotto just isn't good enough IMO!

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
It’s a great partnership on the right. I love watching Anthony and Bruno. Tony never lets him get exposed and going forward they offer so much. Love it. Bruno is not afraid to play football- despite his billing as an average top flight defender in Spain. They’re both ****ing brilliant.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Think Bruno is the better option, but also that games and age were catching up with him around when he was first out of the team. Clearly the rest paid off.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Ironically I feel the style of play we have and the way we have to set up coupled with there being only 38 league games has helped Bruno combat the age barrier. He is so composed on the ball and doesn't risk possession or his position. A true great

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ironically I feel the style of play we have and the way we have to set up coupled with there being only 38 league games has helped Bruno combat the age barrier. He is so composed on the ball and doesn't risk possession or his position. A true great

Bruno stated exactly that in last night's programme. The 38 less physical games suit him now.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Bruno is simply outstanding. He oozes class and always seems to have time on the ball, a sign of his ability, particularly against better opposition. My favourite ever Brighton defender. I like the greyhound though and think he is pretty good. They offer very different options.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patreon
Oct 17, 2008
Weird one but IMHO Knocky works harder with our Frank

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Wow, what a statement. Calderon, Greer, Dunk, Cullip, Mayo, Watson...we have had some outstanding defenders in my lifetime as a Brighton fan.

And you are most likely younger than me. I could add Lawrenson (but he was also a midfielder) Gary Stevens, Gary Williams, Chris Cattlin etc. But yes, in my opinion Bruno is the most cultured of the lot. I am amazed he hasn't played for Spain even with their strength in the last 15 years. I simply love the man.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
And you are most likely younger than me. I could add Lawrenson (but he was also a midfielder) Gary Stevens, Gary Williams, Chris Cattlin etc. But yes, in my opinion Bruno is the most cultured of the lot. I am amazed he hasn't played for Spain even with their strength in the last 15 years. I simply love the man.

Foster, Gregory.

Bruno was way down the Spanish pecking order, as predictably, they had a long queue of great RB's better then Bruno and with more pace. Each used to playing and winning CL's.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bruno is simply outstanding. He oozes class and always seems to have time on the ball, a sign of his ability, particularly against better opposition. My favourite ever Brighton defender. I like the greyhound though and think he is pretty good. They offer very different options.

Sensible post......we need to accept they’re both good and just because Bruno has had a fantastic few games it doesn’t mean the Greyhound is suddenly shit.....but Bruno is a proper legend of course and there is definitely a superb relationship between him and AK. Happy with whoever CH thinks will be best for the game in question - we’re pretty blessed in defence with 2 decent RBs, 2 decent LBs and 4 (3 now) decent CBs......that’ll be why we’re comfortably in the top 10 in terms of goals conceded.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know he is 37, and has had a few injury problems recently, but we are a much better team with Bruno playing at right back than Schelotto. His understanding with Knocky means we look stronger going forward and in defence. I'm so glad we have him for another season, but also hope we buy another right back for when Bruno can't play, because Schelotto just isn't good enough IMO!

I love Bruno. Possibly my 4th all-time favourite behind Calde, Orlandi and Greer. I think you're a tad harsh on Schelotto - he was awful when he first joined but put in some real performances for us - and this is his rookie season in England. I'd judge him in another 6 months time, esp if he possibly becomes our 1st choice RB.

I also agree with the post about giving him the keys to the city...I mean, he's already got a mural.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield

He certainly improves Knocky’s game - he’d be getting a Spanish volley up his arse if he didn’t track back - I don’t think Schelotto holds the same threat.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Bruno stated exactly that in last night's programme. The 38 less physical games suit him now.

I’m not sure what suits this chap....I don’t think I’ve seen another PL player who looks so over weight

IMG_0138.JPG

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here