Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Biggest Scalp

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
So was last night a win against the highest placed team in our history, or have we previously beaten a team who were 1st or 2cnd in the top division when we played them?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we beat Ipswich in 1980 when they were in the top 2. I think they were vying with Villa at the time.

I could, of course, be wrong, as I was out of the country at the time.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Taking into account size of the club, league position and money spent on their squad I’d say yes .

It was the biggest scalp .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
So was last night a win against the highest placed team in our history, or have we previously beaten a team who were 1st or 2cnd in the top division when we played them?

was that the year when they had not been beaten in any competition for about a year ? we then did the double over them

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Southampton were 3rd when we beat them away in Dec 1981. Forest were also 3rd when Gerry Ryan scored and they lost their unbeaten home record (Palace overtook them!)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003

There are loads of examples, we put liverpool out of the cup consecutive years and also beat Man Utd at home in the Leagu although they were not top..

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Until we beat City midweek that is.....

Nurse!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here