Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Barnet....oh dear what a shame (what goes around comes around)

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
I always enjoy Barnet relegations for one single reason.

21 years ago in our darkest days I was working in London and getting my morning sandwich.

In walks a London cabbie and he chats with the guy making his sandwich

Hows you? says the sandwich man

I'm good says miserabilist tax man. Had a good weekend and real pleased to see that shower in Brighton heading out of the League. Really pleased (adds a couple of homophobic references).

I stood and stared.

So Mr Taxi, up your arse today I hope it hurts!

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Always had a bit of a soft spot for them myself. Remember walking to that game where Ifejiagwa scored, and water was running like a river down the side of Underhill. Small club, traditional old ground (then). Supplied us with Codner and Bissett.

Mind you, that cabbie sounds a bit of an arse.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012

21 years ago in our darkest days I was working in London and getting my morning sandwich.

I'm good says miserabilist tax man. Had a good weekend and real pleased to see that shower in Brighton heading out of the League. Really pleased (adds a couple of homophobic references).

I stood and stared.

One geezer.

My grandad played for Barnet. My entire family on my old dears side are from Barnet. They are essentially my second club (at least in this country).

I will add that I bumped into a load of Barnet on the way back from Burnley last week and they only had good words for BHA.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I love stories like this .

One tiny nothing moment instills a lifetime of hatred .

Good man ! :lolol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I enjoy winding up my Arsenal supporting mates by reminding them that Barnet are the biggest team in North London.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

I stood and stared.

So on the basis of one supporter's disliking for the Albion you dislike Barnet ?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Never have I ever been that wet at a match

Probably my 3rd wettest behind

Oldham away in the 80s, despite having the car heater on the whole way back I still hadn't dried out when I got home

and Bournemouth away where after after 20 minutes of the first half I could feel the rain running down my back

But do we miss open terraces

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Probably my 3rd wettest behind

Oldham away in the 80s, despite having the car heater on the whole way back I still hadn't dried out when I got home

and Bournemouth away where after after 20 minutes of the first half I could feel the rain running down my back

But do we miss open terraces
I remember a game at withdean...vs Tranmere...when I was so wet that I squelched back to my motor for the drive back to Brentwood. The car would steam up,when I got in it,for weeks after that game and I was growing mushrooms under the seats.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham

I stood and stared.

I get that, when I was a nipper a couple of Sunderland done me in the Hove station tunnel. I had a wry smile when they dropped back into league one this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here