Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kayal - on his way?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Looked like a bit of a farewell type wave from him last night.

Has also posted a thanks for everything type message to Snappy today.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If that’s the case then thank you Beram Kayal.
He Played a major part in getting us to where we are.
And he’s a nice man as well.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's an indication of just how good we have had things in recent years. The by-product of having a fantastic team without any makeweights is that every time a squad player leaves it's saddening.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Not good enough for the Premier. The club look like they will be busy during the summer

Disagree but with a caveat that, whilst more than capable of doing a job, he's probably going to be second or third choice and may feel that a move to a championship team will give him regular first team football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not good enough for the Premier. The club look like they will be busy during the summer

I know of a Spurs fan who agrees with you.
Therefore, by a process of elimination you are wrong.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
If he can avoid further injury, he is easily lower PL quality and a good squad player.

Unfortunately I don't think the club will want to risk the first bit. Stephens and Kayal was my favourite midfield pairing in my lifetime, will be a sad day if he moves on.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club should be looking to improve in all areas. While I think he is good enough, we can probably do better

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think that he would rather move on and get regular football than become 4th choice at the best if as many believe we bring in another midfielder in the summer

Aged 30, Peak of his career ruined by injury, He might very well want some more playing time?

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
One great season and very talented but rather injury prone.Reckon he'll be snapped up in no time and good luck to him :)

Hoping for at least 2 quality central midfielders as that's our weak spot.

Rambo

Don't Push me
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
Suspect it will be him and his mate Tomer leaving, will probably end up somewhere together. Good luck to them, great service to the club whilst they were here.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Whatever happens with our players there will always be a special place for our promotion squad. Kayal showed his value covering for Propper but each end of season every player may have played their last game of football for us.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Lot’s of recruitment work to be done in central midfield if this rumour turns out to be true. At least we have our 1st choice pairing for next season already at the club (DS & DP).

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Certainly looked like it. A lot of waves from Kayal and one of the last players to leave the pitch. Even his Instagram post suggested he will be leaving this summer.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here