Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] So with another season guaranteed in the Premier League, Spare a thought.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
After last nights fantastic result to guarantee us at least another season in the Premier League, I guess shopping list B (Championship) will have been placed in the shredder & shopping list A will be on Mr Blooms desk waiting for his approval.

I think this club will change, so much over the summer in terms of players in and out, building for the future, whilst keeping our foundations hopefully.

There will be certain players at the club, who celebrated our survival last night that are now staring down a barrel knowing they won't be here next season.
Spare a thought and raise a glass for players like Hemed, Baldock, Sidwell, Skalak , Rosenior, Suttner, Mäenpää, & Hünemeier.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patreon
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
After last nights fantastic result to guarantee us at least another season in the Premier League, I guess shopping list B (Championship) will have been placed in the shredder & shopping list A will be on Mr Blooms desk waiting for his approval.

I think this club will change, so much over the summer in terms of players in and out, building for the future, whilst keeping our foundations hopefully.

There will be certain players at the club, who celebrated our survival last night that are now staring down a barrel knowing they won't be here next season.
Spare a thought and raise a glass for players like Hemed, Bong, Baldock, Sidwell, Skalak , Rosenior, Suttner, Mäenpää, Hünemeier & Murray.

I’d be surprised if Murray didn’t get another year...

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Spare a thought and raise a glass for players like Hemed, Bong, Baldock, Sidwell, Skalak , Rosenior, Suttner, Mäenpää, & Hünemeier.

Bong won’t be going anywhere, he’s been excellent.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
Kayal seemed to linger on the lap of honour with a lot of waves and badge thumping - looked a bit like he was saying good bye to the Amex.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I don't know about "Staring down a barrel" - that's a very extreme way of looking at the retirement of Sidwell and Rosenior, which looks pretty imminent; and not bad for Sidders in particular, moving into punditry as he seems to be. I'd be amazed if Bong wasn't here (and playing) next season, and Baldock has two years left on his contract, and is an HGP.

The BFG is leaving to return to Germany as he wants. I don't know about Maenpaa, but I can see one of Murray (or Hemed, if Murray decides it's time to retire while he's still at the top) having a back-up striker role.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Last year we had all the "no-one wants to join you, you're going straight down" issues for the PL. Think we've proved that this is less of an issue now...

We also had a squad with very little Premier League experience hence the awestruck first few games and everyone writing us off. I guess “Together” is actually quite a good slogan :thumbsup:

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
His tweet to Paul Hazlewood (photographer) would seem to say that too.
https://twitter.com/BeramKayal7/status/992713740817764352

[tweet]992713740817764352[/tweet]

NO BK you can't leave.
We need your positivity in midfield.
We need your grit.
We need your never give up the ball.
We need your fight and determination.
We need your flash of a smile as you walk away from a sprawled attacker rolling in agony on the turf.
WE NEED YOU.

(It's OK , it's man love)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here