Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Hughton on Manager of the Season shortlist

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As much as I love Hughton I'd have to say Dyche has been the outstanding manager of the season in terms of getting a team to punch above their weight. Possibly Guardiola purely in terms of the astonishing football Citeh have played. We still have a wonderful manager though.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hodgson is and has always been a good and likeable manager. But there's no way he should be on that list. The media seem to be making a big deal out of Palace's start to the season, and deducing that recovering from that is some sort of miracle of Redknapp proportions.

In reality, despite the losing streak, they were never more than a couple of points off the pace. Bournemouth's start was almost as bad but nobody seems to be putting forward Eddie Howe for awards (rightly so). Palace have a decent squad, with various expensively acquired signings, that is nowhere near as bad as some other teams down near the bottom. Hodgson has merely got them playing, in some games, not all, roughly somewhere near to the standard that they should be expected to. That's not award-worthy: it's the bare minimum that would have been expected. I'm pretty sure they weren't aiming to be *just* surviving this season. And I doubt their players are going to be hugging and high fiving each other when their safety is confirmed mathematically, as frankly they should have done a lot better. Essentially, this season has been a disappointment for them.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
You can only vote via Facebook, So that's one vote CH unfortunately won't be getting due to this stupid PL approach

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Mark Huge for me...especially if he takes the Scummers down as well!

TNBA

TTF

It would be highly amusing if that happened. For reasons I've yet to understand, I really dislike Hughes, the sour faced old whiner.

If I can be really greedy, I'd also like Reading and Birmingham to go down from the Championship tomorrow. Cardiff seem likely to go up as a result, which is fine by me (surely they'll be instant relegation favourites next season), then I'd like Fulham to win the play offs please.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
You can only vote via Facebook, So that's one vote CH unfortunately won't be getting due to this stupid PL approach

Same. I take great pride not being on facebook too. They shouldn’t do it like that.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Hodgson is and has always been a good and likeable manager. But there's no way he should be on that list. The media seem to be making a big deal out of Palace's start to the season, and deducing that recovering from that is some sort of miracle of Redknapp proportions.

In reality, despite the losing streak, they were never more than a couple of points off the pace. Bournemouth's start was almost as bad but nobody seems to be putting forward Eddie Howe for awards (rightly so). Palace have a decent squad, with various expensively acquired signings, that is nowhere near as bad as some other teams down near the bottom. Hodgson has merely got them playing, in some games, not all, roughly somewhere near to the standard that they should be expected to. That's not award-worthy: it's the bare minimum that would have been expected. I'm pretty sure they weren't aiming to be *just* surviving this season. And I doubt their players are going to be hugging and high fiving each other when their safety is confirmed mathematically, as frankly they should have done a lot better. Essentially, this season has been a disappointment for them.

They would have come good under Frank de Boer if they'd given him half a chance.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
It would be highly amusing if that happened. For reasons I've yet to understand, I really dislike Hughes, the sour faced old whiner.

If I can be really greedy, I'd also like Reading and Birmingham to go down from the Championship tomorrow. Cardiff seem likely to go up as a result, which is fine by me (surely they'll be instant relegation favourites next season), then I'd like Fulham to win the play offs please.
I can't stand him either but I don't really know why [emoji848]

No way it'll be CH. As great as he's been, there have been more impressive achievements by others.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Roy = easy, I could get nominated for running Palace and keeping them up with very limited knowledge. Sit back. Is Zaha fit? Yes. OK pick 10 other players. Is he injured. Yes. Oh well he'll be fit again soon

Gotta be Dyche hasnt it, would be great if Chris did

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
It'll be fantastic if CH, came away with the honour.
But I'm more surprised that on the Albion link, it says Brighton Digital Membership, to get Seagulls TV.
From listening to last night's commentary, Seagulls TV was hardly digital, more like two cans and a piece of string, to all the constant interruptions I was getting!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Yep definitely Dyche. I’d have Hughton in a solid second though.

The votes only count 10% towards the final decision. 90% of the decision is made by a panel of experts.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Why not Hughton? Didn't he win Championship manager of the year in 2015/16 for finishing 3rd behind title-winner Dyche????:)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Why not Hughton? Didn't he win Championship manager of the year in 2015/16 for finishing 3rd behind title-winner Dyche????:)

To be fair Dyche has worked miracles though and (through clenched teeth) really does deserve it.

How do you think you'll do next season with the 'distraction' of Europe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here