Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Car help garage recommendations.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I don’t know if anyone on nsc can help me. While driving back to my mums last night in a glow of the victory an check engine warning light came up on the dash of my car. It’s a Mazda, does anyone know where I could get this checked before I drive back to Reading. I don’t want to risk the engine or break down on the motor way. I am in Hove at the moment, not planning going back until tomorrow. Thank you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Which engine light is showing? Is it diesel? Mazda diesels are notorious for failed DPF regeneration resulting in lots of diesel in your oil. Check your oil level-if it is way above Max you need an oil change. Urgently.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
It a petrol car. Yellow check engine warning light. Had its annual service about a month ago. It seemed to be driving ok last night on the small journey back to my mum’s. I have breakdown cover with the bank, I might see if they can tell me what it is.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
It a petrol car. Yellow check engine warning light. Had its annual service about a month ago. It seemed to be driving ok last night on the small journey back to my mum’s. I have breakdown cover with the bank, I might see if they can tell me what it is.

Yellow warning sign isn’t too bad but red ones mean you should stop and not drive. If you google the handbook for your car it will tell you what it means.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don’t know if anyone on nsc can help me. While driving back to my mums last night in a glow of the victory an check engine warning light came up on the dash of my car. It’s a Mazda, does anyone know where I could get this checked before I drive back to Reading. I don’t want to risk the engine or break down on the motor way. I am in Hove at the moment, not planning going back until tomorrow. Thank you.

Alpha Servicing, Olive Road. Chris runs a great service over there.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Yellow warning sign isn’t too bad but red ones mean you should stop and not drive. If you google the handbook for your car it will tell you what it means.

Thank you for all your reply’s. I contacted the Mazda garage that does the service. They said like you that a solid yellow light is not too bad. So I am going to try and get back to Reading and sort it out from there.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I drove my old Honda for over two years With the yellow light coming on
Was told by a mechanic that it wouldn't pass a mot With it on Well it did two of them in fact
Not a lot to really worry about

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here