Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] 'Happy Birthday Mr President'

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nice piece of inspired loonery by whoever came up with the Dick Knight 80th Birthday tribute last night. No idea how far throughout the stadium it reached or if the TV cameras caught it, but hope it gave the great man a chuckle even if the game was more than a bit frantic at that point meaning the tribute was decidedly messy. But top work anyways DK Tribute Fellas! :lol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Made the tv cameras and the commentator “assumed” it was for the Brighton President. No plaudits from them though. Well done to whoever came up with that. They also showed a couple of happy fans with DK masks in the crowd.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona
It was brilliant, the Spanish commentators had no idea what was going on.

At one point they were checking that Tony Bloom was still our chairman. Took them to the end of the game almost to confirm it was good old Dick!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The attachment, she no work :nono:

Yup, I'll be disappointed with that effort. And also with this one...

DK.jpg

There was a Facebook link on the back of the masks we were asked to load photos up onto, but can't remember what it was now.

Anyone? Must be some WAY better pics out there.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Top work, but baffled why the banner on the left was the wrong way round?

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The family stand certainly all stood up and applauded. With it being a Friday night, there were plenty of kids in attendance, so another great opportunity for a little history lesson for them.

I thought it was a nice touch, especially being completely fan led :thumbsup:

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
21 years ago almost to the day since we drew with Hereford, age 59 he was busting a gut and calling in every favour he could to ensure the very existence of our club. Fast forward to last night and at aged 80, he was watching us beat Manchester United in the Premier League in our shiny 30k+ seater stadium.

Without the blood, sweat and tears he put in all those years ago when nobody else wanted to know, last night or the glory of these last few years wouldn't have happened.

Dick Knight will ALWAYS be a true albion LEGEND. Happy Birthday indeed Mr President.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
It was lovely. It wasn't during the most tension-free part of the match, though, so while I applauded (from way down towards the South West) I was also just praying that the players didn't notice.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The family stand certainly all stood up and applauded. With it being a Friday night, there were plenty of kids in attendance, so another great opportunity for a little history lesson for them.

Yes, I don’t think the new guard at the club give much of a toss about him these days. Not a lot of togetherness there but, as you imply, the fans will never forget.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
We were given a handful of masks when we were outside the pub in town. Good quality card so someone must have splashed out. Probably won’t enough of them overall for it to be effective and at 80 minutes when 1-0 up against Man U fans more focussed on the game. Used mine though and a great gesture.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
It was the row in front of us and it was a few regular fans that have been there since we moved to the Amex.

Trying to watch the game between the two banners, while trying to figure out what it said from behind was a little challenging though :clap:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

No we didn't!!!!

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Wow, thought it was Trump's birthday for a second. I'm betting he wants a military parade and Russian prostitutes that haven't used the loo for 24 hours.

The whole election, Russian collusion, HRC e-mails, lawyers bribing and vagina grabbing could come down to women who remembered to drink enough liquids.

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wow, thought it was Trump's birthday for a second. I'm betting he wants a military parade and Russian prostitutes that haven't used the loo for 24 hours.

The whole election, Russian collusion, HRC e-mails, lawyers bribing and vagina grabbing could come down to women who remembered to drink enough liquids.

WEIRDO alert! :eek:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Why not? We are in the family stand and all around me, and as far as I could tell, all were standing. Don't you like Dick Knight?

I'd been up and down like a fiddlers elbow all night, and it's only a birthday. whoopdee-do.
If I'd got a slice of cake I might have been more willing. :jester:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here