Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GOSBTS at the end of the match.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
Thought it was awesome. Not sure it needed to be preceded by 'The Great Escape' theme. There was nothing streaky about that performance. Nor the fact that we have secured PL football with two games to spare. And reached an FA Cup QF in the same season.

veuve

Jun 27, 2015
In all my years I have never heard it song with more passion,simply amazing and emotional.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Thought it was awesome. Not sure it needed to be preceded by 'The Great Escape' theme. There was nothing streaky about that performance. Nor the fact that we have secured PL football with two games to spare. And reached an FA Cup QF in the same season.

Agreed. Wish they'd done GOSBTS first and Great Escape second. Or not done it at all because as you say it wasn't that 'great' as at no time did we look to be in the doo-doo.

There. Had to nitpick didn't I?

(And my chicken pie was basically hot lava with no chicken or ham, but who cares?)

But yes, I too had tears in my eyes. Fantastic scenes.

EDIT: And I'm so pleased that nearly everybody sings 'stand or fall' now.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why they decided to put that bloody great escape tune on at the end I will never know. It is infuriating at the best of times but made us look like we mugged man united and the league off this season but we were never in the bottom 3 all season, a bad error of judgment imo and made us look a bit " tinpot " Glad they took it off and should have just played sussex by the sea

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Very very proud to be an Albion fan yesterday( as always) - even the goal sequence before the match gets me but GOSBTS at the end had me in bits.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here