Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] More Dunk BS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why would we sell a player to a rival outside the top 6.

I would see this as the same as Stephens and Burnley, the club will hold firm and it would take an absolute silly offer from West Ham for it to happen.

I don't have any issues with the article, as it basically comes down to Dunk could double his wages if he moved to West Ham, but some players are very loyal. Yes West Ham may want Dunk, but wanting and getting are very much different

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I would have thought outside the top 6 West Ham is one of the few that A. Would Spend silly money and B. Pay him a fortune.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility, another contract beckons for Mr Dunk I would think... he must have had 3 in the last 2 years....

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Why would we sell a player to a rival outside the top 6.

Money. West Ham could easily spend silly money on a player. Managed correctly, at team level and board level, they could quite easily get back to being a top 10 club, not in a relegation battle.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What an a***

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i would like to hope a local lad would value playing for his home team, with large pay cheque, over a bigger pay cheque at a mid table team.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
We were a stepping stone for him. He is a Preston and Liverpool fan, no surprise from me that he doesn't hold us that dear.

Actually if you listen to the chat he had with the Albion Roar earlier this season you'll hear that Lawro holds us in very high regard indeed and has many happy memories of his time here, he even used the term 'us' at some point.

As for the West Ham rumours, Dunk can do better. Yes he'd get pots of cash but it would still be a poor team. I expect Dunk to go and Goldson to replace in the summer, but I think Lewis will find a better landing spot than the hammers.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
No problems with what he said, except the 'double wages' guesswork re West Ham. I do have an issue with a former player / the gutter press making non-stories like this as it could distract players as they all see this type of shit in this day and age. Hopefully not though.

If Dunk goes, I hope it's to a better TEAM than West Ham - as we're about as good as them at present.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sullivan and Gold aren't exactly renowned for splashing the cash.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have a look on their forum.

The general consensus is that the dildo brothers won't stump up the cash for transfers and are going to do things on the cheap (Hugill, as an example). We wouldn't sell for less than £25m (IMO), and I can't see them paying that.

Someone like Everton, Leicester (if Maguire leaves), or similar, however...

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Lawro is just stating the bleeding obvious. I don't think he is being disrespectful to BHA, just saying it like it is. :shrug:

IMO Dunk would not go to another 'lower half' team for the money but I do think if he continues to impress it will be hard to keep him if one of the bigger teams makes a serious bid.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Dunks style of football would be better suited to spurs.
Not worried at all about West Ham’s interest

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here