Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Tennis - Any Babolat Pure Aero Lite Users on NSC? (or Lightweight Raquet Users)

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bit of a niche question I appreciate! I recently bought a not much used Pure Aero on EBay, strung with Team Babolat strings, so not the best. A male mate of mine plays with a Pure Aero Lite, a very light racket introduced predominantly with junior, female and senior players in mind, and any time I've borrowed it for a game it's turned me from a fairly crap player into a cross between Serena Williams and Andy Murray, lookswise at least, and I'm wondering if I should have got the light version, even though I'm not the target audience.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
As a mediocre player myself I use a quite heavy racquet as it is supposed to help with control and accuracy. However on a recent work trip I chucked in my old 30 quid Prince which is designed as a kids first full sized racquet. It's really light too and I saw an improvement in my game (or at least the amount of winners I could hit against a far better player). Definitely felt I could hit the ball harder anyway.

bristo

Apr 8, 2010
East Preston
I use a lightweight racquet as it's easier to manoeuvre now I'm in the seniors category! The difference you have found with your mates racquet is more likely to be a mix of this and the tension the strings are strung at. If yours is strung fairly loosely the ball can ping off all over the place if your technique isn't the best 🙂whereas a more tightly strung racquet gives you a bit more control.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I use to play with a Babolat, I also use to suffer from tennis elbow. One day I returned a serve in the warm up and one of the two shafts which link the handle to the racquet cracked in half, I thought it was a string at first, so I borrowed a Head and have been using Head's ever since and my tennis elbow has gone.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I use a lightweight racquet as it's easier to manoeuvre now I'm in the seniors category! The difference you have found with your mates racquet is more likely to be a mix of this and the tension the strings are strung at. If yours is strung fairly loosely the ball can ping off all over the place if your technique isn't the best ��whereas a more tightly strung racquet gives you a bit more control.

On the money I would say!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I use to play with a Babolat, I also use to suffer from tennis elbow. One day I returned a serve in the warm up and one of the two shafts which link the handle to the racquet cracked in half, I thought it was a string at first, so I borrowed a Head and have been using Head's ever since and my tennis elbow has gone.

Re: tennis elbow, correct grip size obviously important, (not saying your don't know that btw)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here