Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Cure

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Because Iused to live in Crawley and worked with Simons future wife we used to see the Cure a lot. We were amazed when someone we knew released such an amazing album as Three Imaginary Boys. Still love all of the tracks on that, but possibly my favourite track is "Push". First time I heard it i thought they'd written a brilliant instrumental, and then over 2 minutes in, the vocals kicked in. The guitar work on Push is simply gorgeous.

In honour of this fine post I have just listened to Push (for the 10,537th time).
There may have been air drumming.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Glad to have "pushed" it back into your consciousness!

Porl Thompson playing push on the cure in orange .
Doesn’t get cooler

Dinner with Gotsmanov

NSC Patron
May 30, 2014
Worthing
I like The Cure but wouldn’t say they are my favourites by any stretch. ......

However, back in Spring ‘81, they played the Top Rank. I was a callow sixteen year old and waited outside during the afternoon. When they arrived, they all signed my copy of ‘A Forest’ (still got it) and I asked Big Bob to put me on the guest list as I hadn’t got a ticket. And he did.

Always admired them for that and for the fact that they have done some amazing songs. Some that don’t float my boat too, ‘Friday I’m in love’ being the most obvious one. I cringe when I hear that.

MJsGhost

Remembers
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
The Cure kind of passed me by in my youth and although I've had a vague appreciation of their music since, I had never quite grasped HOW good they are until I noticed this thread and started properly listening to them.

It has become something of a post-work listen in the last few weeks and, in a very tough period in my job, something I look forward to that helps me unwind instead of a commute.

Here I sit, cold beer in hand with Lullaby currently playing and a big grin as I wait for the game.

Cheers to all of you Cure fans for the inspiration :) and here's to 3 points for the good guys too! :cheers: :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here