Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Cure

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Great band who evolved. One of the staples of my youth. Tricky said they were the last great British pop band and I wouldn't disagree.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Brilliant Band, so many styles over the years. Up there with the very best

IMHO like.

In fact **** it i am going to put some on.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Absolutely love The Cure and they are better than most bands and fabulous live but in my opinion not as good as The Smiths - but this is obviously subjective

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I think Robert Smith and Lol Tolhurst were born and initially brought up in Horley although Smith's family moved to Crawley, so technically, their roots are in Surrey. But still a bloody fine band, perhaps the best from the Sussex/Surrey border?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I think Robert Smith and Lol Tolhurst were born and initially brought up in Horley although Smith's family moved to Crawley, so technically, their roots are in Surrey. But still a bloody fine band, perhaps the best from the Sussex/Surrey border?

Since when has Crawley been in Surrey?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Isn't Crispy Ambulance the best UK band?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Used to play football with Robert Smith for Sussex schools. Good little winger before he went all mascara and big hair.

The Cure are well up there in answer to the OP. But I’m not sure they were trailblazing. They were one of a real load of great indie bands.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Not many people remember Robert Smith played in Siouxsie and The Banshees.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
There are some good things about Crawley, but not many

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here