Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] A very humbling experience (childbirth)

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
On Tuesday evening at precisely 8:54pm, Mrs DFP gave birth to our first child, a little boy weighing 6lbs15. As yet his name is still undecided.
Quite simply, I have never witnessed anything like it. The will, determination and courage she displayed rendered me speechless, and paralysed with emotion. I was full of tears well before he arrived as my good lady battled on without any pain relief whatsoever :eek: I do not know how they do it. Truly incredible.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
On Tuesday evening at precisely 8:54pm, Mrs DFP gave birth to our first child, a little boy weighing 6lbs15. As yet his name is still undecided.
Quite simply, I have never witnessed anything like it. The will, determination and courage she displayed rendered me speechless, and paralysed with emotion. I was full of tears well before he arrived as my good lady battled on without any pain relief whatsoever :eek: I do not know how they do it. Truly incredible.

Very pleased for you and the Mrs, did you take the placenta home?

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Congratulations - a truly magical & life changing experience. Just be warned if you ever have a 2nd.

1st time it looks like they're shitting a tree
2nd time round it's like the log flume. My advice is don't hang around getting to hospital (my 2nd was born outside the palace pier in the back of my car..)

But i doubt thats on your mind - & I'm sure you'll have a rest before thinking about another one - you've all earned it.

Hopefully you can still make the game friday - a perfect time to 'wet the babies head'

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Congratulations. My first was born back on the 1st March, so am well aware of the emotions going through you at the moment. Amazing time.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Congrats to you both!

As for names, have you considered David, from the Latin 'Dave'?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Congrats DFP!

In light of your contributions on the NFL thread, I trust you'll be naming him Jax?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Congratulations, I hope Mum and little Pascal are doing well. [emoji106]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Congratulations - a truly magical & life changing experience. Just be warned if you ever have a 2nd.

1st time it looks like they're shitting a tree
2nd time round it's like the log flume. My advice is don't hang around getting to hospital (my 2nd was born outside the palace pier in the back of my car..)

But i doubt thats on your mind - & I'm sure you'll have a rest before thinking about another one - you've all earned it.

Hopefully you can still make the game friday - a perfect time to 'wet the babies head'

You'd have thought that logic followed through with a 3rd, but that was the toughest to get out of all the 'Bold tribe.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Congrats DFP!

In light of your contributions on the NFL thread, I trust you'll be naming him Jax?

Funnily enough Mrs DFP (a fellow Jags fan) did go through the entire Jags roster looking for inspiration, Jalen, Dante or Tashaun didn’t really seem appropriate though. He does already have 4 Jaguars onesies:)

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

They make a big deal of it, but its not that hard , surely.

Glenn Freeman has a nice ring to it btw.

Enjoy the magic

Last edited:

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
My best mate hilariously described witnessing the birth of his first child as equal to ‘watching his favourite pub burn down!’

Congratulations my friend!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here