Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] New sries of Westworld

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has anyone who is watching the new series any idea what the hell is going on?

I followed the last series and thought the ending was really brilliant.

BUT This new series just jumps about from scene to scene with no real continuity. It appears that the producers are trying to be clever and arty farty, but so much is filmed " in the darkness" you can't tell what the hell is going on anyway.

Anyone else enjoying it?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

BUT This new series just jumps about from scene to scene with no real continuity. It appears that the producers are trying to be clever and arty farty, but so much is filmed " in the darkness" you can't tell what the hell is going on anyway.

Anyone else enjoying it?

No boobies then?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent

Anyone else enjoying it?
same here, felt/feel like I am really missing something from the end of last season??

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I've been really enjoying it.

As far as I can tell there are three timelines going on:

Distant Past - Featuring Dolores, Arnold, William and Logan and detailing how Delos came to own more of the park etc
Near Past - Events immediately following the end of S1 ie Dolores and Teddy rampaging, the Man In Black running around with Lawrence again and Bernard with Charlotte Hale in that hidden bunker place
Current - Events two weeks after the end of S1. This is the start of Episode 1 with Bernard waking up on the beach and being found by the security forces etc. and I think the most recent event we've seen from this timeline is the hosts drowned in the sea that doesn't exist on any of the park maps.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Yeah, I thought the first series was great. That brilliant trick with the time line (the young 'hero' turned out to be the Man in Black) and the exploration of consciousness made for an entertaining series, even if it did get a bit 'Game of Thrones' in the last episode. This series though the robots have just turned into killing machines, and conflict-wise it's become a bit like Planet of the Apes with robots.

Slightly concerned that the makers have said they can keep it going for 'as long as the network wants' - which means they haven't got a clue where it's ultimately going either and good ideas will be spun out until they become thin and boring. I'll give it a few more episodes, but so far I'd say it's gone downhill badly.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Anyone else enjoying it?

After the first episode I had no idea what I'd just been watching. Things seemed to improve in the second episode and it was slightly easier to follow what was happening when.

I don't hold up too much hope though. There seems to be this obsession with making shows overly complex.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Loved season 1

Only watched episode 1 of season 2 so far and spent most of it saying “what’s going on”

Hoping it will settle down and be as enjoyable as the last one

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Does seem to have a different feel to the last series, but still really enjoying it. Got some interesting things to say about virtual reality, robotics etc.

It's like a beacon of light on a Sunday night compared to all the other dross on the American networks

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Loved the last season and enjoying this season as it's painting the picture of how Westworld came about, explains the role of Delos and the Man in Black and his relationship with Ford and the power struggles they have with control of Westworld. The information gathering by the company is like Facebook on steroids and the explanations that will unravel as to 'the door' being blackmail or something more sinister have got my attention. Loads of timelines as in the first series to keep us guessing. Will be interesting to see who Arnold really is. Lots of wild theories that he maybe Teddy when looking into the sea at the 'dead' hosts.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I've been really enjoying it.

As far as I can tell there are three timelines going on:

Distant Past - Featuring Dolores, Arnold, William and Logan and detailing how Delos came to own more of the park etc
Near Past - Events immediately following the end of S1 ie Dolores and Teddy rampaging, the Man In Black running around with Lawrence again and Bernard with Charlotte Hale in that hidden bunker place
Current - Events two weeks after the end of S1. This is the start of Episode 1 with Bernard waking up on the beach and being found by the security forces etc. and I think the most recent event we've seen from this timeline is the hosts drowned in the sea that doesn't exist on any of the park maps.

I think you're bang on. I am following it just fine, I have a lot of questions but I don't feel lost.

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've not noticed any particularly dark scenes.

I don't know if I understand it or not, but I am enjoying it.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
Worth watching just for Thandie Newton.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here