Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Memorial Tile for Ed Bassford (Lord Bracknell)

27 Not allowed!
    In August last year, NSC was approached by @The History Man who was making arrangements for three memorial tiles to be placed in the Amex Memorial Garden in recognition of the incredible work undertaken by Sarah Watts, Paul Whelch and NSC's very own Ed Bassford.

NSC paid for the memorial tile for Ed - the least we could do given how much Ed did not just for NSC, but the wider Albion supporter base and the football club itself.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Brilliant idea
      I was surprised so many were confident pre-game and Brighton did exactly what they’ve done to us for the past few games but they actually bothered scoring this time. Hopefully this is the end of two up top when one of those forward is Carroll. It’s really impressive what Brighton have done since Hughton. It must be nice believing in a system and sticking with it. Basically what we had and lost under Rafa despite how pundits described it
      Just Shut Up and Paddle Saladpack Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by AmexRuislip View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Brilliant idea
      We won't see their like again - legends all......

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Saladpack Seagull View Post
      We won't see their like again - legends all......
      No we won't.
      Well never have a Goldstone generation again, well not in my lifetime.
      We're here to stay
      I was surprised so many were confident pre-game and Brighton did exactly what they’ve done to us for the past few games but they actually bothered scoring this time. Hopefully this is the end of two up top when one of those forward is Carroll. It’s really impressive what Brighton have done since Hughton. It must be nice believing in a system and sticking with it. Basically what we had and lost under Rafa despite how pundits described it
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Excellent idea.

Legend is a much overused word in football these days - but he truly was one.

Without him, the two others listed in Bozza's original post, and a small band of dedicated others (plus lots of foot soldiers!) we wouldn't be looking forward to playing the biggest football club in the world at our wonderful home ground tomorrow evening.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mellor 3 Ward 4 View Post
      Excellent idea.

Legend is a much overused word in football these days - but he truly was one.

Without him, the two others listed in Bozza's original post, and a small band of dedicated others (plus lots of foot soldiers!) we wouldn't be looking forward to playing the biggest football club in the world at our wonderful home ground tomorrow evening.
      .....and beating them.

Good to see Newport County doing well.

Would it be appropriate to get one of the number 25 buses named after Ed, Sarah and Paul?
      Think of how stupid the average person is....
      ........and realise half of them are stupider than that.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Pevenseagull View Post
      .....and beating them.

Good to see Newport County doing well.

Would it be appropriate to get one of the number 25 buses named after Ed, Sarah and Paul?
      Somebody suggested Sarah before, but she lived in Worthing, not Brighton.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats its most vulnerable members. Mahatma Gandhi
      The most curious thing.. Cheshire Cat's Avatar
      11 miles from Deva Stadium, 14 miles from Prenton Park, 20 miles from Racecourse Ground, 256 miles from Falmer - work it out yourself...

0 Not allowed!
      Are there pictures of the tiles?
      "But I don't want to go among mad people," Alice remarked. "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      Are there pictures of the tiles?

Perhaps if anyone is around the Amex today, take a photo and post

22 Not allowed!
      Thank you so much for sponsoring Lord B's Memorial Tile. It means a great deal to all of us. Hopefully, I'll be back at the Amex again next season so can get the chance to say thank you for all the many kind words and tributes received since Ed died last July. In the meantime, here's a picture of his tile. I'm delighted to say that the little person pointing to it is my granddaughter who was attending her first game and who is well and truly a Little Seagull. So the next generation carry on the tradition....