Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread closed ???

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Looks like you're powering onto a winning run.

Just as well.......If I lose.....I just ban people! (I need to explain to the uneducated, this comment is nothing more than a joke, I am not a power mad mod! I care about all who use NSC and only want to help people, please don't judge me on a comment.................AS I WILL ****ING BAN YOU!!!) ...(THE LAST 6 WORDS REALLY ARE ME BEING A COMEDIAN, i WOULDN'T REALLY BAN YOU XXX) BOLLOCKS....i left the caps lock on.......sorry

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Well that ended badly didn’t it and I was going to post this about everybody’s favourite politician and his views on the British Forces
So here it is and let the fun begin !!!
a2b6fdba212887797ac0cc87f5cfe9a3.jpg

A photograph Corbyn would rather the public forgot. Jeremy Corbyn in a "smash H block " stunt in support of his Sinn Fein Provo buddies. This was in the early 80s when there was no peace process to support.

Here's a list of the IRA's activities at the time.

[emoji830] 1981, 10 October: The IRA detonated a bomb outside the Chelsea Barracks, killing two and injuring 39.
[emoji830] 1981, 26 October: The IRA bombed a Wimpy Bar on Oxford Street, killing Kenneth Howorth, the Metropolitan Police explosives officer attempting to defuse it.
[emoji830] 1982, 20 July: The Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings in London by the IRA killed eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.
[emoji830] 1982, 6 December: The Ballykelly pub bombing in Northern Ireland. Seventeen people were killed including many soldiers. The Irish National Liberation Army claimed responsibility.
[emoji830] 1983, 17 December: Harrods was bombed by the IRA. Six were killed (including three police officers) and 90 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store. (See Harrods bombing)
[emoji830] 1984, 12 October: Brighton hotel bombing, 5 killed and several injured in an attempt by the IRA to kill Margaret Thatcher.

Why are you bothering ? What do you think this thread will achieve ?

I'll answer that. Nothing.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes he did, mainly because of a violent, non-peaceful world
The PLO, RAF, ETA all met Sinn Fein too. Were they also ahead of the curve?

The people who brought peace to N Ireland did so by bringing Sinn Fein to the negotiating table. I've got an extensive library of books about the Troubles and there's not a single line about Corbyn offering to act as a mediator between SF and the UK government. His relationship wasn't to bring them to the table but was support for their cause.

He had their confidence for 20 plus years yet none of the main players sought to exploit his unique friendship with SF and as I've said, he didn't offer anything either.

Corbyn was no pacifist when it came to N Ireland, numerous times he could have declined to glorify IRA terrorists and he never once expressed anything other than a ready willingness to join in. These are not the actions of someone promoting non-violence and peace.

Corbyn's relationship with SF/IRA had any affect or influence on the peace process.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Until the early 1990s SF didn't talk on a constructive basis to anyone - well, officially. There were back channel conversations going on but little was ever achieved and SF and later the DUP only went to the table when they thought they might get left behind.

Eventually the SDLP and the UUP got electorally destroyed - the SDLP just slower and less dramatically - for negotiating the political side of the settlement. And theres little chance that there will continue to be a settlement of any kind with how the past few years have gone.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Why are you bothering ? What do you think this thread will achieve ?

I'll answer that. Nothing.

Very True, Corbyn could be pictured high fiving an IRA terrorist while wearing a Zionists are Nazis t shirt and we'd still get the usual suspects defending their man. :shootself

Rather amusing ..

Jeremy Corbyn invites Britain First to parliament to ‘engage in dialogue’

Jeremy Corbyn is to continue his long-standing policy of engagement with groups that murder MPs by inviting Britain First to Westminster for dialogue.

The Labour leader has a long record of putting aside personal feelings in the aftermath of murderous attacks on MPs and hopes to achieve as much, if not more, as his inviting the IRA to dinner at Westminster two weeks after the Brighton bomb in 1984.

Corbyn, who described Britain First as his ‘friends’, said it was important to share a platform with marginalised groups who feel disenfranchised and resort to violence.

When asked, Corbyn refused to denounce the group, saying it was vital for progressives in politics to reach out and not simply react.

“Feelings are high and emotions are raw in the aftermath of terrorist attacks, and we know that,” said a spokesman for Corbyn’s office.

“But they were when we invited the IRA to Westminster a fortnight after they murdered Conservative MP Anthony Berry, so we hope people understand how important this is and show the same tolerance and acceptance of our engagement with these groups.

“Jeremy has always been proud to stand by groups who say they fight for freedom and aren’t afraid to get their hands bloody in support of the cause, and there’s really no difference here.”

Adding further, a statement issued on behalf of Corbyn said: “Jeremy Corbyn has been a longstanding supporter of the pursuit of peace through dialogue and negotiation.

“He has met many people with whom he profoundly disagrees in order to promote peace and reconciliation processes.

“He believes it is essential to speak to people with whom there is disagreement. Simply talking to people who agree with you won’t help achieve justice or peace.”

http://newsthump.com/2016/06/19/jer...in-first-to-parliament-to-engage-in-dialogue/

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The PLO, RAF, ETA all met Sinn Fein too. Were they also ahead of the curve?

The people who brought peace to N Ireland did so by bringing Sinn Fein to the negotiating table. I've got an extensive library of books about the Troubles and there's not a single line about Corbyn offering to act as a mediator between SF and the UK government. His relationship wasn't to bring them to the table but was support for their cause.

He had their confidence for 20 plus years yet none of the main players sought to exploit his unique friendship with SF and as I've said, he didn't offer anything either.

Corbyn was no pacifist when it came to N Ireland, numerous times he could have declined to glorify IRA terrorists and he never once expressed anything other than a ready willingness to join in. These are not the actions of someone promoting non-violence and peace.

Corbyn's relationship with SF/IRA had any affect or influence on the peace process.

Former deputy first minister of Northern Ireland, Nationalist, main player in the peace process Seamus Mallon, said “I never heard anyone mention Corbyn at all. He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.” ... but what does he know.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
‘Bing a knob’......... the one board game from Waddingtons that flunked.

:O mea culpa.

Totopoly was shit as well, though, to be fair.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Corbyn's relationship with SF/IRA had any affect* or influence on the peace process.

'had no effect' here*? If so I agree. But it doesn't make JC unfit to be PM. There are numrous better reasons. Such as his inability to present a vision, slowness to act, and inability to manage his own PR. He may well be useless as a consquence. Is he evil, or just a bit shit? We may find out soon. I hope not. I hope labour get shot of him. More likely, he'll quit before the next GE.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
:O mea culpa.

Totopoly was shit as well, though, to be fair.

A good friend of ours invented a game called ‘Wankit’ which he tried to get to become popular in the old Clifton pub days. Friends of ours will know that it involved darts but the other rules. I cannot ...... I mean I just cannot put up on here.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I love the fact I can't read JCFG's drivel, having blocked him. I see he still can't shut the **** up though. What a weasel.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Has the art of talking / discussing football on a FOOTBALL forum site become extinct? Who in there right minds even wants to consider talking about politics in what I consider to be a recreational pastime........Politics is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!

Just my opinion.......of course.......

Then shut up then Normie.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here