Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread closed ???

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Well that ended badly didn’t it and I was going to post this about everybody’s favourite politician and his views on the British Forces
So here it is and let the fun begin !!!
a2b6fdba212887797ac0cc87f5cfe9a3.jpg

A photograph Corbyn would rather the public forgot. Jeremy Corbyn in a "smash H block " stunt in support of his Sinn Fein Provo buddies. This was in the early 80s when there was no peace process to support.

Here's a list of the IRA's activities at the time.

[emoji830] 1981, 10 October: The IRA detonated a bomb outside the Chelsea Barracks, killing two and injuring 39.
[emoji830] 1981, 26 October: The IRA bombed a Wimpy Bar on Oxford Street, killing Kenneth Howorth, the Metropolitan Police explosives officer attempting to defuse it.
[emoji830] 1982, 20 July: The Hyde Park and Regent's Park bombings in London by the IRA killed eleven members of the Household Cavalry and the Royal Green Jackets.
[emoji830] 1982, 6 December: The Ballykelly pub bombing in Northern Ireland. Seventeen people were killed including many soldiers. The Irish National Liberation Army claimed responsibility.
[emoji830] 1983, 17 December: Harrods was bombed by the IRA. Six were killed (including three police officers) and 90 wounded during Christmas shopping at the West London department store. (See Harrods bombing)
[emoji830] 1984, 12 October: Brighton hotel bombing, 5 killed and several injured in an attempt by the IRA to kill Margaret Thatcher.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And your point is?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Got the pic of Boris in his 'Hang Nelson Mandela' T shirt?

But that would be 'whabaoutery'. I think I'll just block you (OP) for bing a knob.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Yawn.

Meanwhile, stuff that’s actually happening NOW...

Tory councillors and local election candidates have been suspended for vile bigotry and abuse in the last 30 days, and the mainstream media say nothing.

The Muslim Council of Britain calling for an inquiry into widespread anti-Muslim bigotry in the Tory party, and the mainstream media say nothing.

Theresa May desperately trying to hide her role in creating the Windrush scandal by whipping her MPs into preventing the release of the evidence and the mainstream media say nothing.

But by all means, keep flogging this dead horse to avoid what is happening right now...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
And your point is?

Probably something to do with the Labour party leader being an IRA sympathiser? I thought we all knew that anyway though. If you think things are bad now, hold your breath if he ever gets to be PM

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Perhaps his views have also changed with his hairstyle

s.sky.com/story/diane-abbott-distances-herself-from-1980s-quote-in-support-of-ira-10896181

Diane Abbott distances herself from 1980s quote in support of IRA

"I don't have the same hairstyle, I don't have the same views," says Diane Abbott on her views about Northern Ireland in the 80s.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably something to do with the Labour party leader being an IRA sympathiser? I thought we all knew that anyway though. If you think things are bad now, hold your breath if he ever gets to be PM

:facepalm:

If you think that will tempt me to vote conservative (the only alternative) you'll have to try a great deal harder.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yawn.

Meanwhile, stuff that’s actually happening NOW...

Tory councillors and local election candidates have been suspended for vile bigotry and abuse in the last 30 days, and the mainstream media say nothing.

The Muslim Council of Britain calling for an inquiry into widespread anti-Muslim bigotry in the Tory party, and the mainstream media say nothing.

Theresa May desperately trying to hide her role in creating the Windrush scandal by whipping her MPs into preventing the release of the evidence and the mainstream media say nothing.

But by all means, keep flogging this dead horse to avoid what is happening right now...

Meanwhile in the real world, away from your Labour blinkers:

There are extremists in both the Tory and Labour parties, with some pretty nasty policians and supporters.

You're as narrow minded as the OP, without having a clue.

Do you weigh issues up, gain all views and have voted for variety of parties over the years?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Don't worry you can just vote for a different ****, Oh wait..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Enough smoke in that article to suggest there may have been a fire.

'No smoke without fire', as a means of justifying a point, is one of the most ridiculous phrases in the English language. It effectively means that someone can fabricate a point, and when that fabrication becomes rumour, and that rumour gains traction, people point and say '... ah but there's enough in there to suggest blah, blah, blah...' It basically means that a half-baked rumour can pass for evidence.

Meanwhile, being in favour of a United Ireland and being an IRA sympathiser aren't necessarily the same thing, and there is nothing in there that suggests he is an 'IRA sympathiser', and plenty of statements saying he wasn't / isn't.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Yawn, if the OP had grown up Catholic in NI at the time there's a chance he'd have joined the RA, and I don't doubt I might have myself, as would lots of others on here probably.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Likewise, I could never vote for Corbyn, in fact I won’t be voting for any of them.
Shhh you can get torn apart on here for doing that

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
'No smoke without fire' is one of the most ridiculous, pathetic phrases in the English language. It effectively means that someone can fabricate a point, and when that fabrication becomes rumour, and that rumour gains traction, people point and say '... ah but there's enough in there to suggest blah, blah, blah...'

Being in favour of a United Ireland and being an IRA sympathiser aren't necessarily the same thing, and there is nothing in there that suggests he is an 'IRA sympathiser', and plenty of statements saying he wasn't / isn't.

That’s it take your usual stance of moving on to put downs when an alternative view to yours is posted. Your arguments would be far more persuasive if you could ditch the sneering when trying to make a point.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
'No smoke without fire', as a means of justifying a point, is one of the most ridiculous phrases in the English language. It effectively means that someone can fabricate a point, and when that fabrication becomes rumour, and that rumour gains traction, people point and say '... ah but there's enough in there to suggest blah, blah, blah...' It basically means that a half-baked rumour can pass for evidence.

Meanwhile, being in favour of a United Ireland and being an IRA sympathiser aren't necessarily the same thing, and there is nothing in there that suggests he is an 'IRA sympathiser', and plenty of statements saying he wasn't / isn't.
Attending numerous Tone Wolf meetings, being part of an editorial board that justified and commended the Brighton bombing, employing terrorist-linked researchers etc etc etc does make it true though. Corbyn was not just in favour of a United Ireland, he supported fully the actions of the IRA in how they tried to achieve it.

The evidence is overwhelming. Corbyn was an IRA sympathiser.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here