Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Thread closed ???

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Oh yippee, another “you’re wrong”, “no you’re wrong “ thread. How constructive!

Pathetic isn't it? Have people really got nothing better to do than waste their time doing this stuff? Liverpool kick off at 8pm I believe.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Probably something to do with the Labour party leader being an IRA sympathiser? I thought we all knew that anyway though. If you think things are bad now, hold your breath if he ever gets to be PM

You are wasting your breath, [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] is a snowflake who prefers his echo chamber and will soon have everyone who dares question him on ignore.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Good grief. Repeating a fabrication doesn't make it any truer. :facepalm:

https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck/factcheck-corbyn-on-northern-ireland

Thanks for posting that. Even I had been taken in by the 'no smoke without fire' brigade to a certain extent. So, Thatcher repated ad nauseam that she would never deal with terrorists while all the time secretly doing exactly that, and is revered as a saint by hoards of blinkered rightwingers for not 'dealing with terrorists', yet Corbyn is pilloried for being an IRA 'sympathizer' on the basis of sweet **** all.

I suppose you could argue that anyone incapable of dispelling a mendacious narrative about themself is unfit to lead. Equally, one can argue that anyone too weak to stop people bullying them is unfit to be left in peace.

Anyway, I'm not interested in a conversation with congenital Corbyn haters with their endless quotes from Breitbart and the Daily Mail.

I don't even like Corbyn - I would rather not have a prickley introspective pontificator in charge of the country. Tony Blair is the only decent PM we have had in my lifetime (and I go back as far as MacMillan).

That enough of this thread for me. It is not even a page long yet and it already stinks to high heaven.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
That’s it take your usual stance of moving on to put downs when an alternative view to yours is posted. Your arguments would be far more persuasive if you could ditch the sneering when trying to make a point.

Not only did you resort to telling lies about someone being a terrorist sympathiser, you then tried to back it up with meaningless tosh, and you now grizzle when you get called out for it and you want to lecture me about feeling 'put down'? What do you think you're trying to do...?

I wasn't offering an opinion, by the way.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Oh yippee, another “you’re wrong”, “no you’re wrong “ thread. How constructive!
People arguing keeps people preoccupied from the real issues.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Attending numerous Tone Wolf meetings, being part of an editorial board that justified and commended the Brighton bombing, employing terrorist-linked researchers etc etc etc does make it true though. Corbyn was not just in favour of a United Ireland, he supported fully the actions of the IRA in how they tried to achieve it.

The evidence is overwhelming. Corbyn was an IRA sympathiser.

I'm astonished that you've fallen for this too, Buzzer.

Who or what is Tone Wolf? Did you mean Wolfe Tone who died in 1798?

He wasn't on that editorial board. He didn't support the IRA nor its actions - quite the opposite. Read the link I posted.

Charlies Shinpad

Jul 5, 2003
Oakford in Devon
Got the pic of Boris in his 'Hang Nelson Mandela' T shirt?

But that would be 'whabaoutery'. I think I'll just block you (OP) for bing a knob.

Mandela was famous for Necklaces wasn’t he ??
Oops you can’t see this as I’m bing a knob, whatever a bing is ??

I actually posted in response to my Walt post that got merged and I was agreeing with Deportivo Seagull and his words about Corbyn and his cronies but the thread got locked etc

larus

You are wasting your breath, [MENTION=1200]Harry Wilson's tackle[/MENTION] is a snowflake who prefers his echo chamber and will soon have everyone who dares question him on ignore.

I think he must be going through some sort of crisis. I’ve noticed him blocking lots of people lately if they happen to disagree with him on anything. Obviously not that confident in his own beliefs that he can’t tolerate any dissenting voices. What a loser :lol:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

He wasn't on that editorial board. He didn't support the IRA nor its actions - quite the opposite. Read the link I posted.
Yes Wolfe Tone. My mistake..

If he was JUST for a United Ireland and he wanted to support a peaceful group he could have befriended the SDLP. They are even the sister party of Labour in N Ireland. It's a perfect fit yet he completely ignored them and became best friends with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. They are the ones he stood alongside, who he defended and promoted.

So please...spare me the sophistry and admit what is plainly obvious. He was an IRA sympathiser.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

And Corbyn was on an editorial board that praised the Brighton bombings.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not only did you resort to telling lies about someone being a terrorist sympathiser, you then tried to back it up with meaningless tosh, and you now grizzle when you get called out for it and you want to lecture me about feeling 'put down'? What do you think you're trying to do...?

I wasn't offering an opinion, by the way.

No you were offering an alternative view as a fact so it’s pretty clear what your opinion is. You are saying that Corbyn isn’t and never has been an IRA sympathiser FACT aren’t you?

I was suggesting that you might be taken more seriously if you didn’t always feel the need for a put down when disagreed with. I don’t really care that you were sneering at me. You aren’t that important to me.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Has the art of talking / discussing football on a FOOTBALL forum site become extinct? Who in there right minds even wants to consider talking about politics in what I consider to be a recreational pastime........Politics is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!

Just my opinion.......of course.......

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Likewise, I could never vote for Corbyn, in fact I won’t be voting for any of them.

Excellent, It's your democratic right to not vote, sit on your hands and whinge about who has been elected.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Yes Wolfe Tone. My mistake..

If he was JUST for a United Ireland and he wanted to support a peaceful group he could have befriended the SDLP. They are even the sister party of Labour in N Ireland. It's a perfect fit yet he completely ignored them and became best friends with Gerry Adams and Martin McGuinness. They are the ones he stood alongside, who he defended and promoted.

So please...spare me the sophistry and admit what is plainly obvious. He was an IRA sympathiser.

No sophistry here.

The SDLP wasn't linked to a terrorist group; Sinn Fein was, so trying to encourage the IRA to lay down their weapons was Corbyn's priority - albeit not particularly from a position of power. Corbyn, Adams and McGuinness may have had similar social political philosophies, but that's massive difference to supporting the latter's violent means - something he clearly is struggling to make people understand.

Meeting them isn't the same as defending or promoting them, as was shown by the fact that he didn't meet them anywhere near as many times as the Government did during those years - meetings that went as far back as William Whitelaw when he was Home Secretary in 1972.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Has the art of talking / discussing football on a FOOTBALL forum site become extinct? Who in there right minds even wants to consider talking about politics in what I consider to be a recreational pastime........Politics is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORING!!!

Just my opinion.......of course.......

:thumbsup: Spot on.

Close the thread just to wind them up. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here