Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] National League Play Off

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
If anyone is interested :laugh: 7pm KO on BT Sport tonight Aldershot take on Ebbsfleet . Not very confident at all and yes it's POTG.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Oldies with with long memories may remember Bradford dropping out of the League in 1970, to be replaced by Cambridge. It's not on TV but tonight Bradford play away at Kidderminster Harriers in the Vanarama North play-off (it's only one leg). Bradford won there 2-1 on Saturday to qualify for the play-offs so we're hoping lightening can strike twice. They've never got this high before since re-forming, and they're massive underdogs. And frankly the Conference will be a struggle if they do make it as they won't be able to go full-time.

Anyway, UTA!

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Not a fan of this new play-off system (4th plays 7th and 5th versus 6th and then the winners of those ties play 2nd or 3rd)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Oldies with with long memories may remember Bradford dropping out of the League in 1970, to be replaced by Cambridge. It's not on TV but tonight Bradford play away at Kidderminster Harriers in the Vanarama North play-off (it's only one leg). Bradford won there 2-1 on Saturday to qualify for the play-offs so we're hoping lightening can strike twice. They've never got this high before since re-forming, and they're massive underdogs. And frankly the Conference will be a struggle if they do make it as they won't be able to go full-time.

Anyway, UTA!

My memory says it was Bradford Park Avenue, can't recall a league team called Bradford

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
My memory says it was Bradford Park Avenue, can't recall a league team called Bradford

They were called Bradford. The teleprinter referred to them as Bradford, and the crest on their stand read BFC. Unlike the Manchester or Bristol teams only Bradford City had a second part to their name so Bradford themselves stuck the (Park Avenue) bit on to differentiate themselves from the Manningham lot. They put it in brackets, Bradford (Park Avenue), to try and give the impression that it was a 'sort of' unofficial, not really part of the name, but they would tolerate it.

However they've been gone too long, and outside of a few hundred stubborn Yorkshire folk everybody else now associates the name 'Bradford' with Bradford City. So much so that last season the club gave up the struggle and officially changed their name to Bradford Park Avenue (no brackets). Wasn't popular with the fanbase!

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Hoping Ebbsfleet do it as a mate of mine is a fan, and Steve Gritt is assistant manager there.

I am, however, ETERNALLY disappointed that Ebbsfleet have a centreback there called Mambo, but he's NOT their No5. He' wears 18. I mean WTF ?

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Anyway, UTA!

One of my earliest memories is watching us draw 2-2 at the Goldstone with Bradford Park Avenue in the 4th division. I think Kevin Hector was their star player

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Is Tweeting near Ebbsfleet then? I wondered where it was, it does sound like it should be a Sussex village though. :)

There must be a " Great Tweeting " and a " Little Tweeting " or even an " Upper Tweeting " and a " Lower Tweeting "

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Hoping Ebbsfleet do it as a mate of mine is a fan, and Steve Gritt is assistant manager there.

I am, however, ETERNALLY disappointed that Ebbsfleet have a centreback there called Mambo, but he's NOT their No5. He' wears 18. I mean WTF ?

Mamba.... Bamba..... lets call the whole thing off

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Anyway, UTA!

Woo hoo! 2-0! Bring on Brackley!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Ebbsfleet were 3-1 down in the pen shoot out, came back and won it 5-4, Shots keeper took a pen and it was saved.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Shots have had a shocker there. 3-1 up after 3 each. Score either of their last two to go through and miss both. Then lose on sudden death. Ouch.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Not a fan of this new play-off system (4th plays 7th and 5th versus 6th and then the winners of those ties play 2nd or 3rd)

I love it. Much better because it means you have an advantage for finishing higher in the league. My non league team is brackley. We host Bradford on Sunday. They have been flying recently with six or seven wins (including against us) in a row. We now have everyone fit so hopefully we win on Saturday and Chorley can upset Harrogate.

Imagine a play off final on Sunday week and the FA trophy the following week. It won't get better than thisbsupporting tiny brackley.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here