Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] After the game on friday

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Will there be a player walk around with their little kiddies after the game on Friday as this is the last game at home?

If so, it could be a very late night especially for those of us who catch the P&R to Mill Road.

Has there been any announcement?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No later that the Yeovil game a few year's ago (ok 15 minutes later) which was also a Friday night, although not many stayed to see it

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Yes,the players will be doing their lap of honour after the game.
I don't know about the children though.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Anyone else NOT in to these walk arounds? Never been a fan of them. I love this club and have done for 52 years now. But as soon as the whistle goes on Friday, I'll clap the players off as always and then it's beer time.

Mind you I do want one of those training tops that they walk out to with BHAFC on the back. They don't sell em in the shop. So I may get a bit of cardboard out and write a message to big Shane as he's my size.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
I've never been a big fan of this. I always stay behind for it, but given it's normally about 25% of the crowd I'm not sure it is really needed or wanted by many. Given it is a Friday night I guess even more will have gone this time. Is there really any point to it? I'm sure the players already realise they are appreciated so don't need thanking and vice versa. If it just happened straight after the final whistle as it always does anyway then that would be fine, but if they are going to go inside and then back out again as they normally do that's just ridiculous.

A quick run around at the end is all that is needed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'll clap them off the pitch and will skip anything after as time will be tight for trains. If it were an afternoon game, I'd stay for the walk round.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After the game on Friday

Manure fans won't have far to go home (Surrey) :)

Will the club put the usual posters up in the away end:-

We'd like to thank you all for making 258.9 mile trip tonight.

Or will it cut to the chase:-

Thanks for coming the 59.5 miles from Guildford.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'll clap them off the pitch and will skip anything after as time will be tight for trains. If it were an afternoon game, I'd stay for the walk round.

Well quite, I mean, you don't want to miss the last train to Valhalla, now do you? I believe the service is very patchy on a Friday night.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Yes,the players will be doing their lap of honour after the game.
I don't know about the children though.

Scheduling our last home game for a Friday night, most of the kiddies will be tucked up in bed I would guess. Disappointing for the players and their kids probably.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
< Reserving this space for a Palace fan to post a picture of Albion players' doing a lap of appreciation in front of empty stands >

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I've never been a big fan of this. I always stay behind for it, but given it's normally about 25% of the crowd I'm not sure it is really needed or wanted by many. Given it is a Friday night I guess even more will have gone this time. Is there really any point to it? I'm sure the players already realise they are appreciated so don't need thanking and vice versa. If it just happened straight after the final whistle as it always does anyway then that would be fine, but if they are going to go inside and then back out again as they normally do that's just ridiculous.

A quick run around at the end is all that is needed.
Very much this. Straight after the final whistle and depending on how the game has gone they might get 40% in the stands.

Any players' kids can easily be taken on by support staff and join in with nearly all of the lap + Hughton etc once the United players are off...

If they do the going to the changing rooms and then coming back thing it will still be OK but a bit more cringy as the stands will be mostly empty and many people who would like it (i.e. families) will miss it.

Will the club see this thread and think about it?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Very much this. Straight after the final whistle and depending on how the game has gone they might get 40% in the stands.

Any players' kids can easily be taken on by support staff and join in with nearly all of the lap + Hughton etc once the United players are off...

If they do the going to the changing rooms and then coming back thing it will still be OK but a bit more cringy as the stands will be mostly empty and many people who would like it (i.e. families) will miss it.

Will the club see this thread and think about it?

We have the same discussion every year (not last year, that was different). They should just troop round straight after the end. No need for the whole Richie Reynolds on the pitch thing. Don't drag it out. People want to get home, go to the pub, whatever on a Friday night. Saturday it would be different, but it will be virtually empty if they delay.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here