Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ross McCormack

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
hahahaha - no not that kind of thread.

According to SkySports, Ross McCormack will get a near-£1m bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season.

Good work fella.

That reminds me of when Darren Anderton was in full sicknote mode at Spurs, (that's got one poster all excited)
and they smashed their wage structure for Sir Les of Ferdinand.
Only for sicknote to some how summon the energy, from his death bed, and point out he had a clause in his contract stating he had to be the highest paid player.

Mr Sugar wasn't happy.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Jack Rodwell has earnt £3m + this season for Sunderland. He’s played 2 champ matches.

PS presumably Tommy Elphick will get that villa bonus too.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
A great example of how the football world has gone totally mad. Crazy. It can't possibly end well.

Massive fall coming at some point, it's just a question of when.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
A great example of how the football world has gone totally mad. Crazy. It can't possibly end well.

As my opening post references Darren Anderton doubling his playing wage that would suggest it might not be anytime soon.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Is McCormack still dossing around in the A-League, the tubby waster?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As my opening post references Darren Anderton doubling his playing wage that would suggest it might not be anytime soon.

Quite. I've been hearing that footballer wages are spiralling out of control and the bubble will burst for at least 20 years. There's no sign of that happening any time soon - fans are willing to pay eye-watering amounts for football and their Sky subscriptions and there's no sign of a slowdown there.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
Why isn't Rodwell playing. They should play him for a full game just to show how unfit he is, although he says that he is ready to play ? What has happened there?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Think I read Rodwell has another year to go too !!

He has but I believe there is a clause in the contract that means he’ll have to make do with only earning 40k a week next season to not play in League 1. How will he cope.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006

People have been saying that for 20 years now, I dont see an end to it anytime soon.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Is McCormack still dossing around in the A-League, the tubby waster?

He’s so fat now, he dropped the device that opens the front gates to his house and can’t pick it up (just think Jabba the Hut chasing a Malteaser). Being stuck in his house he’s waiting for Jerry Spring to cut the side off and for a crane to get him in the back of the ambulance.

True story.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He has but I believe there is a clause in the contract that means he’ll have to make do with only earning 40k a week next season to not play in League 1. How will he cope.

What clause would that be?

He didnt have a relegation clause this season, so has been getting 70k a week. He reckons he wants to leave and start playing to get himself back in the England team. What a joker.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
What clause would that be?

He didnt have a relegation clause this season, so has been getting 70k a week. He reckons he wants to leave and start playing to get himself back in the England team. What a joker.

Gets a pay cut if they don’t get back into the premier league at first time of asking.... which they most certainly haven’t!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
hahahaha - no not that kind of thread.

According to SkySports, Ross McCormack will get a near-£1m bonus if Aston Villa are promoted to the Premier League, despite not playing a single game for the club this season.

Good work fella.

That reminds me of when Darren Anderton was in full sicknote mode at Spurs, (that's got one poster all excited)
and they smashed their wage structure for Sir Les of Ferdinand.
Only for sicknote to some how summon the energy, from his death bed, and point out he had a clause in his contract stating he had to be the highest paid player.

Mr Sugar wasn't happy.

Wasn’t he the player who couldn’t unlock his gates which is why he missed training? Allegedly

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here