Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Shock! Horror! Premier League 2 club chooses to live stream play-off semi-final

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Strange happenings in the Midlands this evening where Aston Villa have decided to live stream yet another of the fixtures of their U-23 side, allowing fans to witness the youngsters coming through the academy system, striving to provide an exciting and successful end to the season. Absolute madness; you wouldn't catch our club doing that.

For anyone interested in finding out who the Albion U-23s will face in the Premier League 2 play-off final, you can watch for yourself (yep; you don't even need to be an Aston Villa season ticket holder, be a subscriber to Villains TV or provide evidence that you once travelled to Birmingham).

If you wish to actually SEE the play-off final, and you aren't able to travel to the Amex, you will be hoping that Villa win this evening so that they host the final and stream the game live.

If you are one of the lucky few hundred who could make the final in person, you will be hoping that Reading win so that the Amex hosts the grand finale.

Link to enlightened club's website with live stream - LIVE STREAM: Watch our U23s contest their PL2 Play-Off semi-final

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Strange happenings in the Midlands this evening where Aston Villa have decided to live stream yet another of the fixtures of their U-23 side, allowing fans to witness the youngsters coming through the academy system, striving to provide an exciting and successful end to the season. Absolute madness; you wouldn't catch our club doing that.

For anyone interested in finding out who the Albion U-23s will face in the Premier League 2 play-off final, you can watch for yourself (yep; you don't even need to be an Aston Villa season ticket holder, be a subscriber to Villains TV or provide evidence that you once travelled to Birmingham).

If you wish to actually SEE the play-off final, and you aren't able to travel to the Amex, you will be hoping that Villa win this evening so that they host the final and stream the game live.

If you are one of the lucky few hundred who could make the final in person, you will be hoping that Reading win so that the Amex hosts the grand finale.

Link to enlightened club's website with live stream - LIVE STREAM: Watch our U23s contest their PL2 Play-Off semi-final

I'd like to pretend that I can follow all that.....:shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Absolute nonsense, isn't it - wtf are Villa playing at? Never mind a free live stream, sensible clubs like Albion even charge you to watch the highlights of U23s matches (though in a shameful example of sex discrimination, you can watch the highlights of Albion ladies without subscribing)..

chrispyk

May 4, 2016
Charlotte, NC

I was able to watch them play last season on iplayer. Maybe with the new ifollow they don't allow under 23 live matches:shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was able to watch them play last season on iplayer. Maybe with the new ifollow they don't allow under 23 live matches:shrug:

The answer is on the Tony Bloom forum thread, something about not being able to show streams when there's a Prem game on or something.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The answer is on the Tony Bloom forum thread, something about not being able to show streams when there's a Prem game on or something.

Play them when there isn't a PL game on then. It's not rocket science! I'm sure there's a computer programme somewhere which will let them know if there's a PL match on on a particular night...............

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I know for a fact off the top of my head that Premier League teams Man Utd, Swansea and Southampton have screened U-23 PL2 matches this season, plus Palace who play in the PDL2. Championship Villa also screen their matches.

There is also the fact that Albion made an abortive attempt to live stream the home fixture against Blackburn Rovers on Monday October 16, the same night that Leicester City hosted WBA on Sky.

I'm not going to call Tony Bloom or [MENTION=561]Insider[/MENTION] liars, because I don't know the full facts of what the club can and can't do, but let's just say that if they had wanted to stream the matches this season (as they have in the past), they could have done.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Stop letting the facts get in the way of a good whinge.....

They certainly aren't the full facts, as the one game Albion DID try to stream this season was played on a night when a Premier League fixture was being shown live on TV.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
They certainly aren't the full facts, as the one game Albion DID try to stream this season was played on a night when a Premier League fixture was being shown live on TV.

ok i'll admit my post was just a bit of fun as i do not know the whole facts .. so actually what I said was correct.. but just for me :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here