Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Wrestling Sitcom Trailer

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Calling all comedy and/or wrestling fans!

Myself and a hard working team made a sitcom pilot episode called Tough In Spandex which is currently in edit. In the mean time I wanted to share the trailer we made with fellow Brightonians. I understand there are a few people here who work in TV and Film so any advice on getting the episode seen by TV channels and streaming services etc. would be hugely appreciated.

In the meantime enjoy the trailer and lets look forward to humbling United on Friday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw132dcBsfQ&t=1s

Cheers!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Hadn't thought about that but yes you're probably right! The actor who plays the wrestling fan is brilliant though so Keith Lemon will have to be on stand by.

Cheers pal!

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Cringeworthy, absolutely awful and as bad as the recent film that bombed

I respect your opinion as It's not going to be for everyone. Ah did you mean 'Walk Like A Panther'? Haven't seen it myself. Were there no redeeming aspects to it? Wasn't it made by the Full Monty team?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Not personally a fan over the intentionally over-the-top style of comedy, but there must be a market for it as I've seen that style in other TV shows (is there a term for this genre?)

Perhaps post on Reddit, as that seems to be a decent place to get exposure - r/videos I would imagine is the most popular to get it seen, and then there's various different film making sub-reddits for advice.

Good luck.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Yes Walk like a panther, it was awful and bombed so why do you think this film has any appeal ?

Being a sitcom it's episodic rather than a film. Having not yet seen Walk Like A Panther I can't really compare but the plot looks completely different. We started the writing way before hearing about Walk Like A Panther too and each episode covers very different aspects of becoming a great wrestler.
Not sure if you've watch 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' but it's that type of vibe.
The general feedback on social media ect. has been fantastic but obviously it won't appeal to everyone.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Not personally a fan over the intentionally over-the-top style of comedy, but there must be a market for it as I've seen that style in other TV shows (is there a term for this genre?)

Perhaps post on Reddit, as that seems to be a decent place to get exposure - r/videos I would imagine is the most popular to get it seen, and then there's various different film making sub-reddits for advice.

Good luck.

Cheers. That's fair enough.

I couldn't really describe the genre of comedy other than somewhat surreal. The over the top style is very much in keeping with how wrestling is. Quite silly, over the top and at times out right bizarre.

Thanks so much for the advice and I will certainly look into Reddit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here