Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Give me an H!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why has no one ever chanted “Hove”?

I propose we get behind this much overlooked part of the city relationship and our club name and chant H.O.V.E

It’s a lot shorter for one, not even the (on) speed merchants could rush this through with only 4 letters in it.

Nope, for once I propose on Friday we:
Give me an H (hhhh)! O (ooo)! V (vvvv)! E (eeeee)...!
“Who’s staying up?”
“HOVE :clap2:HOVE :clap2: HOVE:clap2: HOVE :clap2:

There. Easy peasy and something that’s troubled me for far too long. Now, get on and do it everyone. I thank thee.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Also you would have to append "Actually" to the end of the chant, which makes it work even less.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bizarrely someone I knew many years ago when I lived in Wales, and who knew absolutely nothing about football (public school rugby player), on finding out I supported BHA, would chant "HOVE!" whenever our paths crossed, and he found it very amusing to do so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bizarrely someone I knew many years ago when I lived in Wales, and who knew absolutely nothing about football (public school rugby player), on finding out I supported BHA, would chant "HOVE!" whenever our paths crossed, and he found it very amusing to do so.
I wonder what 'Hove' might mean in Welsh..........? Have you checked?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Why has no one ever chanted “Hove”?

r6ntuy6lblqz.gif

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Another observation....

We have numerous chants about Brighton, inc the namesake “Give me a B!
Likewise several “Albion” chants

It’s just poor old “Hove” that has for years been overlooked. Come on people, isn’t it about time? Just like the Kick it Out and LBGT campaigns have been a success, isn’t it about time we recognised that Hove-ism is rife in our community and we need to confront this?

Give me an H!

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Back in the Goldstone days our group from Hove used to chant "Don't forget the Hove in Brighton and Hove Albion".

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Hove has always lived in the shadows of the arrogant and flashy Brighton who can only live off recent times.

Bring me an FA Cup final, Bring me 38,000 attendances, bring me Orient 4-4, Bring me STORER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything happened in Hove and I don't give a toss if Brightonians want to claim Withdean as theirs, everyone knows it's Hove cultured with a very Hove like vibe. And again, 3 titles, winning a play-off final and Bobby Zamora. The lists just goes on and on in Hove's favour.

I'll accept changing the name to Hove and Brighton Albion is a move too soon, but something like having a picture of Hove town hall somewhere on the badge, or the King Alfred leisure centre sown onto the sleeve, would be a very classy touch. We should never forget what Hove gave our club.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
If you really want to be pedantic about it.
One of the meanings of the word Albion, means historic times, so together with the Brighton and Hove part, honours even for the club IMO :thumbsup:

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Give me an ‘Aaay’
Give me a ‘Ceey
Give me a ’Teey’
Give me a ‘Uau’
Give me an ‘Aaay’’
Give me a ’L ael ‘
Give me a ‘L ael’
Give me a ‘ Y ai’