Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Cheering Bong

ringmerseagulltoo

Feb 16, 2012
This may have been covered in the other Bong thread but I confess to having not read all 50+ pages.

I have seen elsewhere the suggestion that we cheer Bong throughout the match whenever he gets the ball. Is this a good idea as a show of support, or would it prolong the situation for him and be an unwelcome distraction? I would happily join in if I felt he would welcome the gesture.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This may have been covered in the other Bong thread but I confess to having not read all 50+ pages.

I have seen elsewhere the suggestion that we cheer Bong throughout the match whenever he gets the ball. Is this a good idea as a show of support, or would it prolong the situation for him and be an unwelcome distraction? I would happily join in if I felt he would welcome the gesture.

Would seem a little pointless, theres only one Gatern Bong Sung would be more than enough as it was Saturday.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think he just wants to put the whole episode behind him and move on, so giving him "special treatment" is (a) not necessary and (b) probably not wanted. Just cheer him on and support him as a BHA player in the normal way.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I really cannot see how this helps the situation. Will it not encourage away supporters at the Amex to have a go? Let's just make a noise and cheer the team on.

Totally agree. No need for special treatment just plenty of noise for the team and probably a bit of flag waving.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Defiantly not

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
All I can think is, what a bunch of racist scum they are up there. The FA put out a statement saying it is wholly unacceptable, but what do the FA actually do about it? Sweet (I could say FA but Hitony will ban me) nothing. So FA, if it is unacceptable get out your red card and shame them instead of hiding behind your set of rules. I have an unhealthy dislike of Burnley, ever since the two red cards, but we did put on one of the best atmospheres at the Amex after it, and should have equalised, but I digress. Show these people they just cannot get away with 'casual' racism.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

indiana

Oct 3, 2003
Manchester
I have put a post on the main Bong thread on who to contact at Kick It Out if you were at the match and heard either racist or homophobic chanting.
Repeated here so you don't have to read through 500+ posts samantha@kickitout.org

They are on the case and were well before I emailed them at lunchtime today. But if we're going to stamp out nastiness like this from the game then the more evidence they have the more likely they are to get an investigation.

I was shocked to hear it -

I would be pleased to cheer Bong on his first few touches and then get on with the match which is what we should be talking about from Saturday... (what a fantastic save from Ryan in that goalmouth scramble in front of us - I thought they'd scored 3 times... )

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Just an extra-massive cheer when he's announced in the lineup by Reynolds will do ?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth

Yeah let’s, also how about a round of applause on 3 minutes cuz that’s his number

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As it is our last home game I would be in favour of doing it for a limited amount of time ie for the first couple of minutes up to the 3rd, being his number, then continue for the rest of the game by getting behind all of the team and not singling out anybody. Plenty of encouragement needed for the full 90 mins just give a wall of noise and support to round off the season.

Last edited:

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just hope his first touch isn’t one of those crap near post/headed away crosses

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
As it is our last home game I would be in favour of doing it for a limited amount of time ie for the first couple of minutes up to the 3rd, being his number, then continue for the rest of the game by getting behind all of the team and not singling out anybody. Plenty of encouragement needed for the full 90 mins just give a wall of noise and support to round off the season.

Just

Stop

Now.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here