Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Nobel Peace Prize for Trump!?!?

Should Trump get the Nobel Peace Prize?

• Yeah, give it to him. Nice one Donald.

Votes: 13 36.1%
  • Worlds gone mad, not on your nelly.

Votes: 23 63.9%

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nah, give it to the leaders of the two Koreas. Winter Olympics had far more to do with building a degree of trust than Trump's monster looney ravings.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Some years ago the Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin was nominated for the Nobel Prize for Medicine by an Israeli academic. When questioned why the nomination, he replied that Begin deserved the prize as much as the one he had already won for Peace.

Perhaps Kim deserves the prize for agreeing to not kill everyone (for a bit). :shrug:

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If Trump had anything to do with this he'd have been crowing about it for days, as would his acolytes and Fox News. The USA may well have been involved in greasing a path, but if it did then it was firmly behind closed doors a long way from the gaze of the oaf in the Oval Office.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Some years ago the Israeli prime minister Menachem Begin was nominated for the Nobel Prize for Medicine by an Israeli academic. When questioned why the nomination, he replied that Begin deserved the prize as much as the one he had already won for Peace.

Perhaps Kim deserves the prize for agreeing to not kill everyone (for a bit). :shrug:

On that basis, I should get it as I've not tried (well, not a serious attempt) to kill people for longer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
to be fair, Trump has done as much for world peace as Obama, so on that basis he is due.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On that basis, I should get it as I've not tried (well, not a serious attempt) to kill people for longer.

I'm sure that your suitability is overwhelming, and I would be happy to nominate you. :bowdown:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
to be fair, Trump has done as much for world peace as Obama, so on that basis he is due.

One had Bin Ladin shot.

The other is a sexual predator.

Yeah, I can see how you reached your conclusion.

:timmy:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
GET has also done more to see of Islamic State than Obama. As well as promoting safe zones in Syria, well worth a shout even if a bit unexpected.

Looking forward to his UK visit.:)

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what had more effect on the North Korean leader's mind:

a) the 'Rocket Man' tweets from Trump or
b) being summoned to China for his first foreign summit where he was told to do a u-turn on nukes or risk having Chinese funding withdrawn.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
A peace prize to a geezer who gave the go-ahead to bomb a country the other week?

Ok mate...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
yeah, world peace since then :rolleyes:

How can I put this politely? I understand how 'whatboutism' usually works: I say your guy is bad and you say 'but whatabout your guy?'. The fact that nobody who as ever won this prize has ever created lasting world peace no more allows you to posit that Trump is equivalent to (or better) than Obama than it allows you to state that shit is the same a sugar (try a spoonful of each in your tea if you want to test this in a real world setting). :rolleyes::dunce:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Abstain, this is not a serious question

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Trump is a deeply flawed individual and a terrible President but it would be churlish not to admit his erratic behaviour has (by accident or design) shaken up the Korean penisula stalemate and led to a chance of real progress in that region.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
They give peace prizes outvlike Halloween sweets. They mean nothing these days.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Trump is a deeply flawed individual and a terrible President but it would be churlish not to admit his erratic behaviour has (by accident or design) shaken up the Korean penisula stalemate and led to a chance of real progress in that region.

Nothing to do with Trump. KJI destroyed his own launch sites by mistake and now realises he'd better start making some friends.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here