Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Amber Rudd has resigned

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I admired Amber Rudd for deputising for the Prime Minister during the Leader's Debate in the 2017 General Election campaign just 2 days after her father died. It was gutless of May not to stand in the first place, and doubly gutless to make Rudd go through with it in the circumstances.

I also admire Rudd for being one of the 'Remain' campaigners in the Brexit TV debates of 2016.

She did a decent job on both occasions and I feel sorry for her that she had to serve in a government committed to Brexit and deal with the Windrush shitstorm conceived by May herself during her disastrous tenure as Home Sec.

It will be interesting to see how she votes in the Commons now she is no longer in the Cabinet. I found it interesting when she replied to Yvette Cooper that "we have no targets...that's not the way we do things in the Home Office". If there is a backlash against Brexit further down the line then I expect her to be prominent in the 'Soft Brexit / Remainer' Tory Party that emerges, along with Soubry, Grieve, Morgan et al.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
This is exactly what politicians want, the plebs fighting amongst themselves, congratulations you lot[emoji106]

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Labour really are no better .....

Lord Sainsbury worth £400m (#3).

The devil whispered in my ear : "You're not strong enough to withstand the storm."
I whispered in the devils ear : " I am the storm.
"

Whataboutery at its finest. :facepalm:
And you have a narcissists view of your capabilities and insights.
I'm going to have to swich you off. Ta ra.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Would you vote to put them in charge of our country? Dianne Abbott, there's a start, could you entrust her to looking after our police? The Labour party of today are the Labour party of 40 years ago, inept and left wing, it'd be like voting in (on the far right) the BNP or whatever they call themselves nowadays. We are sadly, right now, a one party vote. You just cannot put the tick in the commie box. We would regress to the 70s on day one. How the f**k that bloke has managed to be Labour leader is totally beyond me. I was always a bit scared of Tony Benn becoming Labour leader when I was a kid, this eclipses it. We cannot trust this man at all. He is Michael Foot and then some. I'm not a political animal, I care very little, but I do know when something isn't right, and Corbyn is not right.

Tory voters constantly deflecting criticism with "Would you rather have Diane Abbott?" and then thinking they're off the hook amuse me.

It makes it more obvious when they can't defend their own party and have to resort to it.

I am forced to conclude that, frankly, Diane Abbott couldn't be any worse than any of the ****s in the cabinet.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Tory voters constantly deflecting criticism with "Would you rather have Diane Abbott?" and then thinking they're off the hook amuse me.

It makes it more obvious when they can't defend their own party and have to resort to it.

I am forced to conclude that, frankly, Diane Abbott couldn't be any worse than any of the ****s in the cabinet.

No you are totally wrong. Would you rather have Dianne Abbott as Home Secretary? It's a quite blatant yes or no, isn't it?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I admired Amber Rudd for deputising for the Prime Minister during the Leader's Debate in the 2017 General Election campaign just 2 days after her father died. It was gutless of May not to stand in the first place, and doubly gutless to make Rudd go through with it in the circumstances.

Yeah May played a kunnt's trick there and no mistake.

Rudd is a much better 'performer' than the feeble May. She'll be back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here