Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] So, Football Lads Alliance. What do you think?

Football Lads Alliance, how do you see them?

• A bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name.

Votes: 123 83.1%
  • A group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism

Votes: 25 16.9%

• Total voters

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just ran a quick search and was surprised to find no mention on here, so let's open one up for discussion.

Which is it...

Just a bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name..

Or, a group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism?

Read more here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/e5ee9e0a-18d7-49a4-a3c2-80b6b4222058?intc_type=singletheme&intc_location=bbcthree&intc_campaign=bbcthree&intc_linkname=article_orbiting_contentcard32

the former.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Using the term "Lads" doesn't help there cause

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Even if I'd knew nothing about them whatsoever, the minute someone says "a group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism", I would immediately think "bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name".

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
Even if I'd knew nothing about them whatsoever, the minute someone says "a group of patriots trying to bring an end to extremism", I would immediately think "bunch of bigots giving football supporters a bad name".

Agreed.
Those were the first two phrases that popped into my head also.
Then I read the article on the BBC site and saw how often the name Tommy Robertson (AKA Son of Satan) was mentioned I thought, is he involved or just being an opportunist to grab some more publicity? Are the BBC inserting his name at every opportunity just to satisfy their own agenda?
So I thought I would consult the Good and the Wise on NSC.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Far right idiots, who are blinkered to their view on society and unwilling to accept that anti-Muslim agenda is one that civilised society does not support

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Just another pathetic front for the fascist/EDL-type losers.

As Tommy emerges on the edge of the crowd, a chant ripples through the square: “Ohhh Tommy, Tommy… Tommy, Tommy, Tommy, Tommy Robinson”. Men carry football flags and some have cans of beer, as if they’re warming up for a day on the terraces. The marchers are around three-quarters male, and almost all white. There are a few veterans in military regalia and the odd banner saying, 'No to sharia law' and 'Make Britain Great Again'.

John looks on as Tommy Robinson bowls through the crowd, receiving the kind of ecstatic reception normally reserved for a footballer. Behind him, Caolan Robertson, his personal cameraman, is streaming everything on YouTube from a selfie stick. “We’re live at a Football Lads Association event, which is lots of football fans uniting against Islam and terrorism,” says Caolan.

“It’s an anti-Islam event,” he adds

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Bushy and his alter ego, who promotes Bobby Sands, wil be working hard to get the agenda onto this one.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here