Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our substitutions

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
In the commentary yesterday JC said that only 1 of our league goals has come from substitutes this season. Off the top of my head I think that was Locadia against Swansea when the game was already won.

That is a surprising and disappointing number. This isn’t meant to be a criticism of Hughton as I love the man and he’s the greatest manager we’ve ever had but it’s always said you continue to learn so I’m sure it’s something he’s looking at.

Why do we think it is though? Not enough quality on the bench? Subs made too late? Not willing to change the shape and system?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that it is the latter as CH always seems to change like for like ie a striker for GM and a defensive midfielder for Gross plus March for either Knockaert or Izzy rather than change the options to attack.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not making early subs has always been CH's blindspot.

I suppose we can't argue with his methods which have given us 37 points with a lacking squad.

But, for example, where Murray is a spent force on 67 minutes, wouldn't it be great to see another striker sent on?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Not making early subs has always been CH's blindspot.

I suppose we can't argue with his methods which have given us 37 points with a lacking squad.

But, for example, where Murray is a spent force on 67 minutes, wouldn't it be great to see another striker sent on?

Only 2 games ago, he made a tactical sub at half time.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Being a club brown nose even you must admit that it is very rare for that to happen.

It’s very rare for any manager. I’ve asked all the other brown noses on our WhatsApp group and they’ve quickly confirmed BG.

Anything else I can help you with ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Being a club brown nose who can see no wrong in anything connected to the club, even you must admit that it is very rare for that to happen.

Sorry I don't see the connection you are trying to make. It's clearly a fact but so why didn't you just post the last eight words. Besides only Leicester made any substitutions before the 57th minute yesterday and that was 2 at half time when they were 2-0 down

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It’s very rare for any manager. I’ve asked all the other brown noses on our WhatsApp group and they’ve quickly confirmed BG.

Anything else I can help you with ?

Not really and it is not meant as a knock against you but it just seems that whenever there is any criticism of the club or CH you come out in their favour. Substitutes have generally been like for like in the 65th-70th minute which is what most people are saying but you highlight 1 of perhaps 2 occasions that it hasn't happened.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Not really and it is n oit meant as a knoc against you but it just seems that whenever there is any criticism of the club or CH you come out in their favour. Substitutes have generally been like for like in the 65th-70th minute which is what most people are saying but you highlight 1 of perhaps 2 occasions that it hasnt happened.

It’s just a fact. You could equally argue that it shows CH in a bad light. Taking players off at half time begs the question for some - Why did he pick him in the first place. ?

But hey been called worse things than brown nose - BG so don’t worry about it. :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Not really and it is not meant as a knock against you but it just seems that whenever there is any criticism of the club or CH you come out in their favour. Substitutes have generally been like for like in the 65th-70th minute which is what most people are saying but you highlight 1 of perhaps 2 occasions that it hasn't happened.

Agreed. Winger for winger, striker for striker, otherwise like for like if there’s an injury (Schelotto for Bruno on Saturday for example). Almost always after 75 mins or more.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Blimey I'd hate to read an actual criticism.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here