Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Ride - St Paul's, Worthing

Apr 29, 2012
Yep I was there too, they looked really nervous to start with but once they got used to the MTV Unplugged style they were excellent. Goes to show quality songs win out regardless........Mark and Andy vocal harmonies still awesome too

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
Yep I was there too, they looked really nervous to start with but once they got used to the MTV Unplugged style they were excellent. Goes to show quality songs win out regardless........Mark and Andy vocal harmonies still awesome too

Yes, they did seem to grow into the gig. Must be quite nervy playing acoustically that close to the audience! Being a fan of their feedback-laden noise I was worried about the new stuff, and an acoustic gig, but they write great songs whatever the style. Looking forward to seeing the louder version in Reading later this month.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Oh bugger, I may have missed a trick there.:ffsparr:

You mean to say my favourite band for a whole decade, the band that I and thousands of others campaigned for 20 years to reform, the band that alongside The Smiths and until recently The Roses we had mourned that we had lost forever. A band that are responsible for a collection of works and especially an album that will always go down as a masterpiece.A band that led a movement and A band like no other that will hold a special place in my heart always were playing 3 miles from my house while I sat in and did absolutely **** all???

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

You mean to say my favourite band for a whole decade, the band that I and thousands of others campaigned for 20 years to reform, the band that alongside The Smiths and until recently The Roses we had mourned that we had lost forever. A band that are responsible for a collection of works and especially an album that will always go down as a masterpiece.A band that led a movement and A band like no other that will hold a special place in my heart always were playing 3 miles from my house while I sat in and did absolutely **** all???

Brutal. I’m also surprised this gig wasn’t FAR more heavily advertised locally. I work in Worthing and didn’t see anything about this.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Brutal indeed, no word of it anywhere!
Ashamedly I haven’t paid as much attention to their new stuff as I should have.Hopefully perhaps listen to it all on a beach this summer if the kids let me but what’s annoying is last night in Worthing could have been my 10yr olds first ever gig! What a seismic event for an impressionable young boy! This is getting more annoying the more I think about it.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I am personally very disappointed in this! As they continually refuse to come and tour Australia, my first thought here, was to wonder if you and the others had gone so i could live vicariously. Next time i am over we will have to go to whatever lengths necessary to go and see them.

Seriously though hope you and yours are well.

theboybilly

That's them :)

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Just heard it was acoustic , so without feedback etc,which is the whole point of Ride!? (Is this true Si Gull? and still playing Drive Blind? ?)

Bad fish great to hear from you! Coming back this summer?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Just heard it was acoustic , so without feedback etc,which is the whole point of Ride!? (Is this true Si Gull? and still playing Drive Blind? ?)

Bad fish great to hear from you! Coming back this summer?

Next one, I think mate. Starting the process of moving house over here at the moment.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

My neighbour is 40 and Ride-mad. She went to the Worthing gig, then stayed behind afterwards and got autographs, photos with the band etc, then put them all over her Facebook page. I genuinely think it might have been the best day of her life judging by the amount she's gone on about it.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
what’s annoying is last night in Worthing could have been my 10yr olds first ever gig! What a seismic event for an impressionable young boy! This is getting more annoying the more I think about it.

Put the gun down! My Ride-loving nutter neighbour reliably informs me the minimum age for the gig was 14. Here she is:

31582767_10155090348582126_6113230263263690752_n.jpg

Willow

Jul 6, 2003
Didcot
My neighbour is 40 and Ride-mad. She went to the Worthing gig, then stayed behind afterwards and got autographs, photos with the band etc, then put them all over her Facebook page. I genuinely think it might have been the best day of her life judging by the amount she's gone on about it.

To be fair, her taste in music is impeccable.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here