Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Will Celtic claim bragging rights....

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
So you turned on the British Broadcasting Corporation News and they lead with a story about something British.

But it was a story that hardly registers on the radar outside Scotland. Compared to other events yesterday, it pales into relative and boring insignificance.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
But it was a story that hardly registers on the radar outside Scotland. Compared to other events yesterday, it pales into relative and boring insignificance.

Is it because it's the only sporting action that they had rights to show any footage? Other than the snooker.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

I wouldn't think that. Celtic are quite well supported world wide. They have a reputation world wide for creating amazing atmosphere at their home games.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
To have ones views aired about the MTL does not mean one cares a jot about the MTL.

I had one Celtic 'fan' tell me last week that Celtic fans were the best in the world and they'd 'piss' the Premier League if they were to join.

I pointed out that all clubs think they have the best fans, Celtic needed to grow up and forget the secretarian shyt, were they Irish or Scottish and **** off if they think they can join the English league.

Football fan expressing partisan but unrealistic claims about his own club shock. Celtic were formed in response to sectarianism, have always signed non-Catholic players and have a large proportion of non-Catholic fans with no-Irish connection. Look at Rod Stewart...

Last edited:

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Even if City wins the next 2 years its not even close to being the same as the one team league that has been created in Scotland after Rangers was crippled into the bottom leagues.

Last seven years
EPL
Manchester City
Mancester United
Manchester City
Chelsea
Leicester City
Chelsea
Manchester City

Last seven years for SPL
Celtic x7

Maybe not the same single team dominance but still shows that it is a league of 5 (a couple of exceptions) and then a league of also rans whose real competition is to avoid relegation....

Year Winner
2018 Manchester City
2017 Chelsea FC
2016 Leicester City
2015 Chelsea FC
2014 Manchester City
2013 Manchester United
2012 Manchester City
2011 Manchester United
2010 Chelsea FC
2009 Manchester United
2008 Manchester United
2007 Manchester United
2006 Chelsea FC
2005 Chelsea FC
2004 Arsenal FC
2003 Manchester United
2002 Arsenal FC
2001 Manchester United
2000 Manchester United
1999 Manchester United
1998 Arsenal FC
1997 Manchester United
1996 Manchester United
1995 Blackburn Rovers
1994 Manchester United
1993 Manchester United

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Football fan expressing partisan but unrealistic claims about his own club shock. Celtic were formed in response to sectarianism, have always signed non-Catholic players and have a large proportion of non-Catholic fans with no-Irish connection. Look at Rod Stewart...

As long as they stay in their own league, I'm happy.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I wouldn't think that. Celtic are quite well supported world wide. They have a reputation world wide for creating amazing atmosphere at their home games.

You are being deliberately obtuse.

I may be wrong here but the majority of people watching the sports news last night would not have regarded Celtic winning the Scottish title after being a gazillion points ahead of anyone else as being the top story given what occurred at other sports events during the day.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If you are a Celtic fan it doesn't get any better than thrashing Rangers 5-0 at home and winning the league.

The fans knew it was on the cards and were in party mode, an incredible atmosphere and it makes our 5-0 spanking at Selhurst in 2002 look tame by comparison.

This was a brutally one-sided affair and there's a gulf in class between both sides. I honestly don't think any Rangers player would make it into the Celtic team.

Steven Gerrard would be a fool to take the Rangers job as his first management appointment. It will take a minimum of 2 years for Rangers to get anywhere near that Celtic side. Yesterday's demolition was accomplished without Moussa Dembele, who was replaced by Odsonne Edouard who picked up the Man of the Match award. Therefore, if they do sell Dembele and reinvest the £20mill in their squad they could be even better next season.

Some of the Rangers players aren't even Championship standard, the only reason they're anywhere near 2nd place is because of the huge Ibrox crowd.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here