Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

I thought today would be the day we might win a close-fought game - but not to be...

4 Not allowed!
    I reckon all of our wins this season have come with us being clearly the better side. We haven't done a smash and grab yet where we were the worse side but got all 3 points, and we haven't won a close, hard-fought game where either side could have taken the points. In short, every one of our wins we fully deserved to win. Thought today might be different, but we keep waiting.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I reckon all of our wins this season have come with us being clearly the better side. We haven't done a smash and grab yet where we were the worse side but got all 3 points, and we haven't won a close, hard-fought game where either side could have taken the points. In short, every one of our wins we fully deserved to win. Thought today might be different, but we keep waiting.
      Newcastle home.
      /End thread.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I had an incling of that too, bit like @lancyclarets post. We are due an undeservered victory on the law of averages

0 Not allowed!
      Swapping Murray for Ulloa then back to Murray again didn't help.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
      "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

0 Not allowed!
      We’ve been having this same discussion for weeks on our coach. We’ve really not been very lucky this season at all. I also think we’ve deserved every win, and not win others we’ve deserved to win - like Leicester at home, Everton etc.
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

6 Not allowed!
      This is the Premier League. Wins are never handed to you on a plate.

If we want to win games like Burnley today we have to manage more than just one shot on target. That means taking some risks, and when you are in your first season in the Prem you literally can't afford to do that.

Look at Huddersfield's record of failing to score in 19 matches and that's with a manager that likes to play high-tempo football.

I fancy we'll stay up and this season will give Hughton a point of reference and something to build on.
      "Unlawful, void and of no effect"

1 Not allowed!
      Seeing as you've continued anyway, the issue has been that we're not in any way clinical.
      Two missed penalties.
      A lot of missed one-on-ones.
      Blocking goalbound shots from our own team.

I'd like to know our chance-to-goal ratio.

But we've stayed up with consumate ease in our first season. And that's a top effort.
      The voice of hindsight.
      Bring back Chris Hughton.

0 Not allowed!
      Swansea 0-1 Brighton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B90D12A-6BFC-4ED6-9F3E-FDA998155B46.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	96457

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
      We’ve been having this same discussion for weeks on our coach. We’ve really not been very lucky this season at all. I also think we’ve deserved every win, and not win others we’ve deserved to win - like Leicester at home, Everton etc.
      Luck didn’t play a part in those 2 matches.

Most observers couldn’t believe how dim we were in the way we threw away the Everton lead.

Leicester @ home - Murray’s an unconvincing penalty taker, and so it proved to be. The last 20 minutes we were knackered (effects of a small squad of quality), the away team were even able to send Maguire up as an extra striker, bossed the ending and annoyingly grabbed all 3 pionts. We were masters of our own downfall.

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Swansea 0-1 Brighton

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9B90D12A-6BFC-4ED6-9F3E-FDA998155B46.png 
Views:	784 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	96457
      I was there. And Swansea were comfortably the worst home team I have personally seen in any division. Would have been a travesty if they had got a point.