Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

I thought today would be the day we might win a close-fought game - but not to be...

4 Not allowed!
    I reckon all of our wins this season have come with us being clearly the better side. We haven't done a smash and grab yet where we were the worse side but got all 3 points, and we haven't won a close, hard-fought game where either side could have taken the points. In short, every one of our wins we fully deserved to win. Thought today might be different, but we keep waiting.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalimantan Gull View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I reckon all of our wins this season have come with us being clearly the better side. We haven't done a smash and grab yet where we were the worse side but got all 3 points, and we haven't won a close, hard-fought game where either side could have taken the points. In short, every one of our wins we fully deserved to win. Thought today might be different, but we keep waiting.
    Newcastle home.
    /End thread.
    The voice of hindsight.
    Bring back Chris Hughton.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TSB View Post
    Newcastle home.
    /End thread.
    Can't remember it that much - but we were the better side that day, surely?
    Members

0 Not allowed!
    Not according to Rafa - he thought Newcastle were much the better.

0 Not allowed!
    i thought that was one of teh best games we played, maybe not a lot in the box but the football was good.
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    I had an incling of that too, bit like @lancyclarets post. We are due an undeservered victory on the law of averages

0 Not allowed!
    Swapping Murray for Ulloa then back to Murray again didn't help.
    ďMelancholy is incompatible with bicycling.Ē James E Starrs
    Rarely serious, frequently taken seriously.
    "The Venerable Bede is full of shit".

0 Not allowed!
    We’ve been having this same discussion for weeks on our coach. We’ve really not been very lucky this season at all. I also think we’ve deserved every win, and not win others we’ve deserved to win - like Leicester at home, Everton etc.
    Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
    May 2016

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by sheebo View Post
    We’ve been having this same discussion for weeks on our coach. We’ve really not been very lucky this season at all. I also think we’ve deserved every win, and not win others we’ve deserved to win - like Leicester at home, Everton etc.
    Luck didn’t play a part in those 2 matches.

Most observers couldn’t believe how dim we were in the way we threw away the Everton lead.

Leicester @ home - Murray’s an unconvincing penalty taker, and so it proved to be. The last 20 minutes we were knackered (effects of a small squad of quality), the away team were even able to send Maguire up as an extra striker, bossed the ending and annoyingly grabbed all 3 pionts. We were masters of our own downfall.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
    Luck didnít play a part in those 2 matches.

Most observers couldnít believe how dim we were in the way we threw away the Everton lead.

Leicester @ home - Murrayís an unconvincing penalty taker, and so it proved to be. The last 20 minutes we were knackered (effects of a small squad of quality), the away team were even able to send Maguire up as an extra striker, bossed the ending and annoyingly grabbed all 3 pionts. We were masters of our own downfall.
    I didnít say we were unlucky in them - youíre quite right, we were stupid in one and didnít put away our chances in the other. I do feel weíve had some shit luck in terms of other matches though.
    Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, thatís it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
    May 2016