Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dirty Diesel

Daddies_Sauce

Falmer WSL, not a JCL
Jun 27, 2008
Without getting in into a NSC binfest on polluting diesel cars, has anybody had any problems with dirty diesel fuel being delivered from the pumps from a Brighton supermarket garage?

Our diesel car is 3 years old, and it died, a few miles after a 9L top-up from a local supermarket. Towed to a garage who strongly believe this has been caused by dirty fuel.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Without getting in into a NSC binfest on polluting diesel cars, has anybody had any problems with dirty diesel fuel being delivered from the pumps from a Brighton supermarket garage?

Our diesel car is 3 years old, and it died, a few miles after a 9L top-up from a local supermarket. Towed to a garage who strongly believe this has been caused by dirty fuel.

No but do tell more which Asda are you referring to?

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Never put fuel in from a supermarket, always go to proper garage.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Diesels always clog up. I alternate between the expensive diesel and the standard diesel to minimise the effect on all the injectors, filters etc.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

I admire your ambition to avoid a binfest about polluting diesel cars.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Never put fuel in from a supermarket, always go to proper garage.

Newhaven has two filling stations, and one is Sainsbury's.
Sainsbury's is always busy, the other one isn't, obviously Sainsbury's is cheaper but I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the fuel there.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I drive a 15 year old diesel. It doesn't take a scientist to tell me how bad the exhaust is for people's health (compared to that sweet sweet smell of leaded petrol)

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
The OP said that he filled up at a BRIGHTON supermarket, not a Newhaven one. The fact that he lives in Newhaven has nothing to do with where he bought fuel

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Filled up at an ASDA two weeks ago. My car has been smoking like Dot Cotton ever since. Been to the garage twice, not good.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why ? Facts please not speculation.

supermarkets have been known to accept fuel that is "off" either contimated or otherwise deemd not up to scratch by the branded stations.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Newhaven has two filling stations, and one is Sainsbury's.
Sainsbury's is always busy, the other one isn't, obviously Sainsbury's is cheaper but I've never heard of anyone having a problem with the fuel there.

I’ve always been told by the guy who sorts my van,( and brother-in-law who apparently knows everything!) that the supermarkets by cheap fuel from the main dealers shell, Esso etc and the amount of fuel injector problems they have are down to fuel from supermarkets.
I used to buy from supermarkets because of the price but now think it’s false economy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’ve always been told by the guy who sorts my van,( and brother-in-law who apparently knows everything!) that the supermarkets by cheap fuel from the main dealers shell, Esso etc and the amount of fuel injector problems they have are down to fuel from supermarkets.
I used to buy from supermarkets because of the price but now think it’s false economy.

Well you have to do what you think best...i tend to go to whats nearest ...which generally is Tesco or Shell...driven vans for last 15 or so years and haven't had a problem

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Had a diesel for 10 years. Almost always fill up at supermarkets. I've had problems after filling up twice. Both times were (the only 2 times) I filled up at Sainsbury's in Crawley.

The problem was fixed by topping up a couple of days later at Esso.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here