Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Just 4.5 years in prison for killing 2 boys by drug driving

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Rupert Brown from Coventry, with 30 previous driving convictions, wiped out the lives of brothers age 2 and 6. He was driving at 60 in a 30 zone, was high on cocaine and drove off after the killings.

With good behaviour he'll be out in 4 and a half years.

Way too short in my opinion, based on all the above. An utter selfish scummer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-coventry-warwickshire-43926623

IMG_2569.PNG

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Up to the 'Family' members to make sure he has a motoring accident the day he gets out.

Personally I would make sure he wouldn't live to a ripe old age :moo:

The Judge should be retired in disgrace.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
This type of lenient sentencing just disgusts me. Given his record we all know he'll do the same or similar the week he gets out. The only way to prevent him would be to lock him away for life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I posted on this on the other drink driving thread. So how many times can you get done for driving offences with never having passed your test or been insured before they lock you away and throw away the key? More than 30 it would appear.

You can moan about law breaking till you are blue in the face but there seems to be a special thing going on for drivers. They have a licence to kill that would enfanchise every reject as James Bond's successor. Get behind the wheel and they will let you do offence after offence and only after you kill some kids will you get a moderate gaol term.

Rob a bank, however and you get 25 years.

It is plain and simply wrong, and the government don't see enough votes in it to bother with changing the law.

After all, 'we all speed and sometimes drive after drinking, don't we? Make it tough for the nutters and we all suffer'.

FFS.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I posted on this on the other drink driving thread. So how many times can you get done for driving offences with never having passed your test or been insured before they lock you away and throw away the key? More than 30 it would appear.

You can moan about law breaking till you are blue in the face but there seems to be a special thing going on for drivers. They have a licence to kill that would enfanchise every reject as James Bond's successor. Get behind the wheel and they will let you do offence after offence and only after you kill some kids will you get a moderate gaol term.

It is pain and simlply wrong, and the gvernment don't see enough votes in it to bother with changing the law.

After all, 'we all speed and sometimes drive after drinking, don't we? Make it tough for the nutters and we all suffer'.

FFS.

It's always been the way. There seems an inherent perception separating the weapon (the vehicle) from the person driving it, making it in law not as bad as other means of snuffing out innocent lives. In addition, because literally anyone as a one-off could be the perpetrator ranging from a judge, MP, GP, celeb etc; lawmakers and some NSC posters deem it harsh to put someone behind bars for a very long time for ONLY causing death through their driving.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire

It is pain and simlply wrong, and the gvernment don't see enough votes in it to bother with changing the law.

FFS.

Yes its just dumb. And the woman caught speeding and swerving by her own dash cam whilst drunk (on the news this a.m.) got errr banned for 2 years I think?? Ban her for life or lock her up for a couple of years. I know she didnt kill anyone but FFS what deterrent is a little 2 year ban?
Oh yeah and loads of offenders even escape a ban because they need their car to get to work. Oh for goodness sake, i wish this country would get serious about the safety and the rights of the law abiding citizens for a change.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
As usual the punishment fails dismally to fit the offence. Until this or future Governments build extra prisons so that there are cells that can be occupied for longer sentences. This individual is a serial offender who has no respect for the law and those that enforce it. It's a shame that science can't come up with an implant that activates when a person starts up a car, make them vomit all over the dash for example. A bit sci fi I know.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
just mind blowing, two little kids wiped out by a repeat offending low life, who by his actions demonstrates he has absolutely not a smidgen of thought for anyone apart from himself.

Kill himself while driving ? well that's up to him, but it never seems to work that way does it, it's always always some innocent that pays the price for scum like him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Judge should be retired in disgrace.

Not sure what you think the judge has done wrong. The maximum sentence is ten years but the bloke pleaded guilty so he'll get a reduction for that (if judges don't give a reduction for guilty pleas, no-one will do it and the courts will get massively clogged up). He only took a year off the sentence, so the guy has pretty much got the full works.

The real problem is the ludicrously light sentences for driving offences but any attempts to do anything about will get the likes of the Mail talking about "war on motorists" - so, nothing happens.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes its just dumb. And the woman caught speeding and swerving by her own dash cam whilst drunk (on the news this a.m.) got errr banned for 2 years I think?? Ban her for life or lock her up for a couple of years. I know she didnt kill anyone but FFS what deterrent is a little 2 year ban?
Oh yeah and loads of offenders even escape a ban because they need their car to get to work. Oh for goodness sake, i wish this country would get serious about the safety and the rights of the law abiding citizens for a change.

The getting to work let-off for those on 12 or more points, given by magistates to 10,000 drivers on UK roads is astoniishing. One driver is on 62 points.

There should be no leeway. If points were accumulated quickly, hard lines. Mandatory bans would be sharp lesson, and for those who would then continue to drive whilst banned, more fool them with the criminal consequences.

There should

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Disgusting act done by 2 disgusting people including his partner who was also sentenced today. Anyone taking a life no matter whose due to dangerous driving to this degree deserves to a much stronger sentence.
Not the judges fault today he gave the maximum sentence he could due to giving a third off for a guilty plea. However I feel they should be allowed some discretion at times not to give the 3rd off. Even 14 years is not long enough for this man.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What do you expect with this shithouse govenment

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Not sure what you think the judge has done wrong. The maximum sentence is ten years but the bloke pleaded guilty so he'll get a reduction for that (if judges don't give a reduction for guilty pleas, no-one will do it and the courts will get massively clogged up). He only took a year off the sentence, so the guy has pretty much got the full works.

The real problem is the ludicrously light sentences for driving offences but any attempts to do anything about will get the likes of the Mail talking about "war on motorists" - so, nothing happens.

The maximum for this offence alone is 14 years, let alone his other fresh offences including the hit n run.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

Gwylan you are the reason why this shit happens.

GET A FECKING GRIP he will serve 4 1/2 years :moo:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He has committed several offences - dangerous driving, death by dangerous driving, driving (apparently) without insurance, etc, drug driving - and I'm sure the PPS could have had a go at manslaughter if they'd really wanted to. All of these have maximum sentences - I don't know what they are, but I can't remember the last time I've read about a judge awarding them consecutively, instead of concurrently, which basically means you get off the lesser offences.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He has committed several offences - dangerous driving, death by dangerous driving, driving (apparently) without insurance, etc, drug driving - and I'm sure the PPS could have had a go at manslaughter if they'd really wanted to. All of these have maximum sentences - I don't know what they are, but I can't remember the last time I've read about a judge awarding them consecutively, instead of concurrently, which basically means you get off the lesser offences.

Very rare. Whereas the yanks do sentencing consecutively.

I assume it's a means in the UK to get offenders to confess to all their crimes and to give lovely blokes such as Rupert Brown light at the end of an all-too-short tunnel in prison, so that he comes out prompto a reformed character. A fantasy.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

You will not get off a drink driving disqualification because you need the car for work; losing your job because of a disqualification is NOT considered exceptional hardship in itself, it's an unfortunate consequence of your actions.

Concurrent sentences are usually awarded when the offences are all committed at the same time ; If, for example, someone was sentenced for crimes committed on two separate occasions then consecutive sentences are possible.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here