Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Season ticket waiting list.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I see the 800 tickets now offered to those up to 1750 on list which means half of those on list havent taken ST up. Looks like like those at end of queue wont have to wait as long as they thought.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hopefully when the waiting list goes at some point they will then allow people to change the names on existing season tickets.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes. It would be handy, but for now it's not allowed.

I accept it is not allowed but how can it be enforced. If you take me as an example I am now 74 there is going to come a tim e when I am unable to attend and will have to rely on TV or streaming and the people I sit next to may want the seat for a member of their family.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'm sure if you got married and changed your name that would be OK
Yes, but that is legally the same person.

Surprised the club don't offer this for an admin fee - and the condition that the new ticket holder waits until they get to the top of the waiting list before it can happen.

At present the new person can go on the list, but there is still a chance that someone else can parachute into the seat in the short period between it being given up by the owner and being taken up by the person who wants to take it over.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I accept it is not allowed but how can it be enforced. If you take me as an example I am now 74 there is going to come a tim e when I am unable to attend and will have to rely on TV or streaming and the people I sit next to may want the seat for a member of their family.

Your ticket could only be used by another person qualified to use a concessionary ticket for start (that can be enforced)
Anyone using your ticket wouldn’t get any points etc
You’d have to keep paying for it and deal with any other admin

As long as there is a waitlist can’t see transfers being allowed, and maybe not even after that. Probably simpler admin on the club’s part to simply cancel and set up someone new. Agree with others about the seat choice though....I guess people have to wait the until the moving period pre-season to try to get together (and again use the existing process)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As an example if the person next to me gave up his seat there should be a system in stall which allows me being a STH to buy that seat for a family member.IMHO. I sit next to my brother and if I gave up my concessionary ticket I think that he should be able to take it up for his grandson who is 8, also a concession, if he wished.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As an example if the person next to me gave up his seat there should be a system in stall which allows me being a STH to buy that seat for a family member.IMHO. I sit next to my brother and if I gave up my concessionary ticket I think that he should be able to take it up for his grandson who is 8, also a concession, if he wished.

Whilst that does seem a nice idea it would make season tickets a closed shop to existing families and no new seats would come up to those not in those families. Which is hardly fair is it?

If you brother would like to sit with his grandson he just needs to wait for grandson to come to top of the waiting list and then put in a seat move request so they can all sit together.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

But there is a waiting list, why should those people be allowed to jump to the front of the waiting list? Why do they have any more claim to that seat than someone who is now at the top of the waiting list after x number of years?

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Whilst that does seem a nice idea it would make season tickets a closed shop to existing families and no new seats would come up to those not in those families. Which is hardly fair is it?

If you brother would like to sit with his grandson he just needs to wait for grandson to come to top of the waiting list and then put in a seat move request so they can all sit together.
Correct answer

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've been here already, a couple of months ago, unsurprisingly BG didn't get the answer he wanted to hear then (the same one he's getting now) and yet that's still not good enough.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
We've been here already, a couple of months ago, unsurprisingly BG didn't get the answer he wanted to hear then (the same one he's getting now) and yet that's still not good enough.

..and even if he gets the answer he wants on here he's not going to get that answer from the club.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
But there is a waiting list, why should those people be allowed to jump to the front of the waiting list? Why do they have any more claim to that seat than someone who is now at the top of the waiting list after x number of years?

QUOTE Bob .....and even if he gets the answer he wants on here he's not going to get that answer from the club.QUOTE

That is where the problem lies. My belief is that it should be as a thank you to the previous STH for their support. I accept what people say but do not agree with it as I also disagree that to join the list should cost £22 per season. I think that if any fee it should be one off joining fee.

Unlike many I do not believe that the club is correct on everything they do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here