Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Seagulls to defy the odds....

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
....with a surprise away win at Turf Moor tomorrow.

The bookies have Burnley as favourites, Merson predicts 2-1 to Clarets, Lawrenson a 2-0 home win, the statistical "WhoScored" 1-0 to Burnley.

The "experts" and pundits have excelled in getting most BFC results wrong this season and I don't see this changing as we have not played well since a 2-1 home win against Everton. We've picked up a lot of points recently against poor teams (West Ham, West Brom, Watford and Stoke) without playing well. And in the 2-1 home win against Leicester, we only played well for 15 mins.

Without our best defender Ben Mee for a 5th game in a row, we won't keep a clean sheet, so Burnley 0 Brighton 1. I'd be relieved (actually pleased) to draw as long as Leicester don't win at Palace.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
1-2 to the good guys

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Without all our defenders, we will keep a clean sheet, so Burnley 1 Brighton 0. I'd be relieved (actually pleased) to draw as long as Leicester don't win at Palace.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
I fancy a very dull and turgid 0-0 myself.

I think it would also suit Dyche & Hughton. Just think of the travel and hotel bills that could have been saved.:)

I'm doing a Brighton/Leicester double:)

Do we really want an away match in Kazakhstan or Armenia in the middle of July? (which we would probably lose).

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

The bookies have Burnley as favourites, Merson predicts 2-1 to Clarets, Lawrenson a 2-0 home win, the statistical "WhoScored" 1-0 to Burnley.

The "experts" and pundits have excelled in getting most BFC results wrong this season and I don't see this changing as we have not played well since a 2-1 home win against Everton. We've picked up a lot of points recently against poor teams (West Ham, West Brom, Watford and Stoke) without playing well. And in the 2-1 home win against Leicester, we only played well for 15 mins.

Without our best defender Ben Mee for a 5th game in a row, we won't keep a clean sheet, so Burnley 0 Brighton 1. I'd be relieved (actually pleased) to draw as long as Leicester don't win at Palace.

I’ll take a draw now.

Any suggestions for a decent curry house for tonight, please? Aroma??

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham

Capture.PNG

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Gonna wait till the first goal goes in then lump on the draw

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We're not allowed to score away from home, so 0-0 is the best we can hope for. There's not an Albion fan alive who wouldn't take that right now.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's closer to how I'd see Burnley's chances, although I'd probably still have them just the other side of evens.

Where's that from, out of interest, and what's the methodology in determining "True odds"? Also, is there any historic data charting success of betting where True odds < Actual odds?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do we really want an away match in Kazakhstan or Armenia in the middle of July? (which we would probably lose).
:shootself:

THEN WHAT'S THE POINT?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it would also suit Dyche & Hughton. Just think of the travel and hotel bills that could have been saved.:)

Can’t see us doing better than a point tbh

There was quite an interesting article in the Argus about Burnley next season

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/alb...ival_manager_Dyche_yet_to_face_toughest_test/

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Slightly depressing fact is we have failed to score in 10 (TEN) of our 16 away league games to date this season. That is SHIT. Even worse when those don't even include City or Liverpool.
We are going to score tomorrow though. 1-1.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013

The way I look at it, it's competitive matches rather than meaningless friendlies where the whole team is changed at half time. Therefore, more of a competitive edge come the first league game. Plus, wouldn't you like to sight see in Kazakhstan? Is nice!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
That's closer to how I'd see Burnley's chances, although I'd probably still have them just the other side of evens.

Where's that from, out of interest, and what's the methodology in determining "True odds"? Also, is there any historic data charting success of betting where True odds < Actual odds?
"True odds" seems to include 4.91% allowance for alien invasion or tsunami...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here