Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Nice one Korea

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Sounds good but Kim would never have done it until he had nukes.
Sanctions are biting hard, he will trade off his weapons for the reduction of sanctions and trade.
We will then have to see if we can trust him.
I have no problem with all this if it works.
Keep Trump away, let these two sort it, Trump will balls it up.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Sanctions are biting hard, he will trade off his weapons for the reduction of sanctions and trade.
I have no problem with all this if it works.
Keep Trump away, let these two sort it, Trump will balls it up.
Well... despite Trump being a clown,... on this occasion his strongman approach, along with sanctions and Chinese pressure, has moved this all in the right direction.

Kim is a despotic mass murderer, he needs to go, but if this breakout of neighbourly love is the fortaste of progress to come, let's see more Trump posturing.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
the meetings during the Olympics had a big impact on North and their view of South. i doubt they'll trade in existing nukes (probably non-viable weapons anyway), the promise of ending their program with no new test and no rocket launches will probably be enough. if they're clever they'll emulate China and accept market economics under communist oversight, encouraging sanctions lifted to that end.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Hmmm something doesn't smell right with all this falling into order..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Of course we can't.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Good to see a degree of de-escalation in Korea, Kim is a despot who may just throw a wobbly and back out of any agreement but for the time being, we can shift the Doomsday Clock back a minute .

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Sickening to see all this saccharine, borderline sycophantic South Korean smiling for the head of a regime responsible for committing so many horrors against its population. A necessary evil to swallow in the name of possible progress, but unpalatable all the same.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Sickening to see all this saccharine, borderline sycophantic South Korean smiling for the head of a regime responsible for committing so many horrors against its population. A necessary evil to swallow in the name of possible progress, but unpalatable all the same.

Very true, but ultimately you have to swallow hard and try to forgive and forget otherwise it will fester away forever. There could well have been a bloodbath in South Africa when the ANC took over but instead they created the Truth and Reconciliation commission. Northern Ireland is not a perfect solution but the Good Friday Agreement has saved countless lives. Some more forgiving and forgetting wouldn't hurt.

Latest Korea news, It was Trump what done it !.................According to Donald Trump !

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Being a cynical ol'git I guess this had nothing to do with the u-turn.

North Korea nuclear test site has collapsed and may be out of action – China study

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

Now he can make them he doesn't have to test them. I think because we know he has the ability to make them he can go into denuclearisation on his own terms rather than being starved into it.

All he needs now is a new haircut:

I would suggest a Brad Pitt?

bradkim.jpg

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolutely. Trump makes Kim look stable!

I have no time for Trump but - really? More stable than a man who has had countless people executed or assassinated, including family members, has impoverished his countryfellows, and presided over eye-watering human rights abuses?

Given the way Trump has melted, I'd say that Trump makes Kim look smart.....

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Very true, but ultimately you have to swallow hard and try to forgive and forget otherwise it will fester away forever. There could well have been a bloodbath in South Africa when the ANC took over but instead they created the Truth and Reconciliation commission. Northern Ireland is not a perfect solution but the Good Friday Agreement has saved countless lives. Some more forgiving and forgetting wouldn't hurt.

Latest Korea news, It was Trump what done it !.................According to Donald Trump !

Yes absolutely, and it's all potentially (the operative word) ground breaking stuff and let's hope so.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Maybe this is correct. But it is not how the west responded to the occasional olive branches from Saddam, Ghadafi and (currently) Assad. On the other hand, Saudi Arabia continues to be our 'friend'.

This international relations business is way beyond my ken. Perhaps I shouldn't have read Orwell's 1984 as a satire, and regarded it more of an instruction manual. Death to Eastasia......all hail Eastasia!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here