Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] No one was hit, but 12 months community order?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Agreed. Judging by that video she could very easily have killed someone.

I also never understand the temporary driving bans. Only two years - surely she's proved she's unfit to hold a licence.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed. Could have killed someone.

Edit: Spook - wrote the same thing.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Happened just around the corner from where I live, 2 schools are just yards from where she crashed, she’s lucky she didn’t kill someone.

The Upper Library

May 23, 2013
Totally ridiculous "punishment ".

The footage is terrifying- to show that degree of recklessness for other people's safety warrants a custodial sentence surely?????
This was not just somebody popping around the corner when they might have been near the limit (I would never condone that either) - she drove for several miles on some major roads and only by amazing luck was no one injured or killed.

Drink drivers should face much harsher sentencing - it is quite simple really, either drink or drive - don't do both. There are no excuses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Thankfully no one was hurt but blimey that could of been so much worse with potentially tragic consequences. I hope she turns her life around after this.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Say this in every similar thread but sentencing for driving offences is shockingly lenient, Even if she had killed someone she wouldn't have got much.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
Thankfully no one was hurt but blimey that could of been so much worse with potentially tragic consequences. I hope she turns her life around after this.

I agree and that's probably all you can hope for. But I don't get why only 150 hours? That's just peanuts. Do something really useful and pay back properly. She's probably more than capable of giving at least one day a week for one year back to society. That's 400 hours. Work in a shelter or a hospital or something. Make it fair.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I reckon she got off lightly thanks to being a teacher.

I work in a school, if that was my colleague, I would be furious with them. She is also a terrible example for the kids. Imagine if she teaches R.E. or something where ethics/morality etc are discussed? How could she comment or give helpful advice, with real effect in that case?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
As we established on the other thread on DD most of the male respondents advocating throwing the keys away have driven drunk at one time.

Glass houses and all that. On top of her sentence and fine she will lose her job, income, reputation, and will have a lifelong serious criminal conviction so the chances of her getting another job in education, whether or not she turns her life around, are practically nil.

I don't know why she did this crazy thing...she might have mental health, addiction or other contributory factors.

I really don't see how her getting chucked in jail as well will benefit anyone. Her sentence seems in line with similar.

I do t know how many of you watch those police interceptor programs...they are always involved in high speed chases at 70 through 30 zones, driver with no licence or insurance, often stinking of weed, and the sentences they get are lighter than this middle aged teacher with a drink problem.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
As we established on the other thread on DD most of the male respondents advocating throwing the keys away have driven drunk at one time.

Glass houses and all that. On top of her sentence and fine she will lose her job, income, reputation, and will have a lifelong serious criminal conviction so the chances of her getting another job in education, whether or not she turns her life around, are practically nil.

I don't know why she did this crazy thing...she might have mental health, addiction or other contributory factors.

I really don't see how her getting chucked in jail as well will benefit anyone. Her sentence seems in line with similar.

I do t know how many of you watch those police interceptor programs...they are always involved in high speed chases at 70 through 30 zones, driver with no licence or insurance, often stinking of weed, and the sentences they get are lighter than this middle aged teacher with a drink problem.
150 hours of community service most teachers do that now. Free

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven

She is lucky to still be alive.
Along with anyone else that was in her path that day.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
They need to seriously stiffen drink driving punishments, they also need to reduce the amount you can drink to zero so people know it's 100% not tolerated.
Personally I think drink drivers are some of the lowest scum out there. Selfish, dangerous ********s.
No excuse for it so I'd be more than happy to see this woman lose her job, income, reputation, whatever, she deserves it.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester

It's not easy managing people with addictions. But a reality check involving proper, worthwhile community service may well actually help quite a few.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I blame the BMW driver. They should have indicated when passing that parked car.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Does she have a drink problem then? All we know is that she got drunk on this occasion and drove. She might have done it before or this could be the first time.

Also, doesn't this conviction become spent under the rehabilitation of offenders act?

As for the glass houses comment, you're probably right that many have driven in the past when over the limit but the way this woman is driving she is paralytic!

I agree with your last paragraph. Loads of dangerous driving on those programmes but never seem to get the appropriate punishment and no doubt the majority of them just repeat the offence!

Finally, I suspect that after her ban she will have to take an extended test.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here