Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Anti doping agency raid the top 3 Portuguese clubs.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Portugal's anti doping agency turned up this morning at their top 3 teams, taking blood and urine samples specifically looking for PED's and EPO usage.

I'll bung in a link later, if anybody is interested.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They must have been tipped off to go in that heavy. Given the money sloshing around in football I am stunned there hasn't been a lot more cases of doping, especially given the situation with Russian athletes.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Portugal's anti doping agency turned up this morning at their top 3 teams, taking blood and urine samples specifically looking for PED's and EPO usage.

I'll bung in a link later, if anybody is interested.
I like it, could open people's eyes a little more to doping in sport.

or, if you'd like a different narrative...

Drugs don't help you kick a ball straight

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I would be very surprised if, given the amount of money involved, there was no drug abuse in professional football, particularly in the leagues where most money is spent/earned :angel:

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Drugs don't help you cycle straight either. I have never understood that terrible argument.

Cycling is a lot more to do with fitness and muscle than football, whereas football is a lot more to do with technical ability and hand to eye coordination. Obviously PED's will help improve your performance in football but nothing in comparison to cycling, athletics etc

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cycling is a lot more to do with fitness and muscle than football, whereas football is a lot more to do with technical ability and hand to eye coordination. Obviously PED's will help improve your performance in football but nothing in comparison to cycling, athletics etc

PED's in cycling are as much or even more so about recovery than fitness and muscle.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]989444571229818881[/tweet]

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
They shouldn't have let them in like Mo Farah used to do.

Or only have your drugs delivered by fed ex to the team doctor who will then "lose" your doping record like Sir Wiggo

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I must admit I do love the naivety that surrounds PED's and football.

Not only is "yeah I needed a couple of injections to get through the game" a completely normal thing to say.

But the assumption that 2 third tier sports can 'invent' a cocktail that can make compete faster, stronger, harder and LONGER than your competition and the one sport with generational wealth attached isn't interested.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I can't see anything in the media about this, I would have thought it would have been big news.

Last year Fifa was investigating the alleged Russian state doping of footballers but then suddenly sacked their chief medical officer without explanation.

West Ham's £30k fine this year for breaching the FA anti-doping regulations shows how seriously it is being taken.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here