Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump to visit the UK on Jul 13

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Welcome Mr Trump. Divides opinion but at least people are bothered one way or the other. He is good for politics. I'm with him on everything other than his gun stance which is stupid, although only as bad as every President that has come before him, including Obama.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Welcome Mr Trump. Divides opinion but at least people are bothered one way or the other. He is good for politics. I'm with him on everything other than his gun stance which is stupid, although only as bad as every President that has come before him, including Obama.

Yeah. That Hitler bloke. Sure, some disagree with him but he got us all talking, eh?

And no before people have a paddy. I'm not saying Trump is the same as Hitler.

But getting people talking because of your AWFUL qualities (as a man and a president) cannot be spun as "Yeah but he makes people take an interest".

Last edited:

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
I am sure there will be loads of the usual sorts with the time on their hands to give him a great british welcome.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Strange comparison.

Not at all. I think Trump is an AWFUL person. Claiming that it's a positive that he is making people take an interest is absolute nonsense. They are taking notice of the moron in charge of the White House and the truly worrying leadership trends he is setting. Not just some 'quirky' policies. This is about collusion, lying, quashing the press, accusations of harassment, lawsuit after lawsuit and more.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Would imagine that it will be a hostile reception from the public while the Government fawns over him, he's a nasty bit of work and like the French President I can only hope Mrs May addresses the issues squarely with him

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not at all. I think Trump is an AWFUL person. Claiming that it's a positive that he is making people take an interest is absolute nonsense. They are taking notice of the moron in charge of the White House and the truly worrying leadership trends he is setting. Not just some 'quirky' policies. This is about collusion, lying, quashing the press, accusations of harassment, lawsuit after lawsuit and more.

You might not agree with his views or his policies. I don't agree with Corbyns for example. But I wouldn't compare him to a man who was directly responsibility for the murder of millions of people. Hitler is on a different level and it is crazy to compare Trump to him. It actually undermines all the arguments against him because it is so ludicrous.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Blimey that's a bold statement, he has some pretty extreme views.

D

Deleted member 22389

You might not agree with his views or his policies. I don't agree with Corbyns for example. But I wouldn't compare him to a man who was directly responsibility for the murder of millions of people. Hitler is on a different level and it is crazy to compare Trump to him. It actually undermines all the arguments against him because it is so ludicrous.

I have never quite understood it myself either. It doesn't make any sense.
I'm sure they will be out there thou with their silly placards against Trump when he visits.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
In fairness, the original post was lined up for that comparison. That someone is so extreme that at least people are bothered? The best analogy was chosen.

The irony of course is that under Trump the US has yet to actually invade another sovereign country, unlike his more recent predecessors and a certain Mr Hitler.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Should have arranged the visit for 2 days later so it would be overshadowed by the Trump puppet master's World Cup final.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here