Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Toronto Van Attack

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Did I miss a thread on this? Bit odd there isn't one isn't it?

I thought I knew a little of toxic male internet sub cultures but reading about Incel types has been an eye opener. I'd heard the term but laughed at how ridiculous it sounded. If this tragic fool's actions are found to be down to the fact he couldn't get laid, then that's 2 major attacks linked to these losers.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I don't think there has been a thread on it. It happened about a mile north of my office on the same street. I was actually outside on the street at the time, so it was scary to hear about it and find out how close it was.

It's obviously hard to speculate about his motive given the investigation is still happening. From what I've been reading though, it seems like he was just a very disturbed man. Perhaps influenced by things he'd seen on the internet and there's a slightly cryptic message on his Facebook page in reference to misogyny. People who studied with him have said he was a bit of a recluse and walked around with his head down, not interacting with people.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think there has been a thread on it. It happened about a mile north of my office on the same street. I was actually outside on the street at the time, so it was scary to hear about it and find out how close it was.

It's obviously hard to speculate about his motive given the investigation is still happening. From what I've been reading though, it seems like he was just a very disturbed man. Perhaps influenced by things he'd seen on the internet and there's a slightly cryptic message on his Facebook page in reference to misogyny. People who studied with him have said he was a bit of a recluse and walked around with his head down, not interacting with people.

Glad you are ok. Pretty amazing work from the policeman who took him in without firing a shot. Guessing it might have happened differently elsewhere...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I imagine a fair chunk of these attacks are committed by people who cant get laid, and it might play some part.

Joe Rogan talks about it with a neuro-scientist type on his podcast.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
What causes someone with vaguely extreme views to tip over the edge and murder people indiscriminately? Whats going on in the world today that is causing behaviours like Incels?

The root cause of this isn't some nutter calling himself an incel, it's whats driving that behaviour in the first place.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Glad you are ok. Pretty amazing work from the policeman who took him in without firing a shot. Guessing it might have happened differently elsewhere...

Yes, there has been a lot of praise for the police officer arresting him without firing a shot. It's difficult to see whether he was holding a gun or something else. It's obvious that he wanted it to end with him getting killed.

Of course there are some American "experts" saying it was irresponsible of the officer not to shoot the guy. He had a duty to protect the public by shooting him. Yep, that's 'merca for you.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Yes, what would have happened if a guy who had just run over several people in a vehicle decided that because the officer didn't shoot him decided to go on killing which he had done moments before. My say is TAKE the PROVEN MURDERER DOWN whatever it takes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Although the cop made the correct decision in that the attacker had no weapon, he could have guessed incorrectly and paid the ultimate price himself.

As for the attacker, if he really wanted to die at the hands of the cops surely all he had to do was run at him rather than waiting to be arrested.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, there has been a lot of praise for the police officer arresting him without firing a shot. It's difficult to see whether he was holding a gun or something else. It's obvious that he wanted it to end with him getting killed.

Of course there are some American "experts" saying it was irresponsible of the officer not to shoot the guy. He had a duty to protect the public by shooting him. Yep, that's 'merca for you.

The day we start acting on gun advice from the US is the day we all give up.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It's also interesting at how restrained so many have been in describing this as terrorism. Just can't think why.

Let me guess. This has absolutely no whiff of muslims associated with it?

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The day we start acting on gun advice from the US is the day we all give up.

Quite. Especially advice based on a low quality video of the incident, which doesn't tell the whole story.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Let me guess. This has absolutely no whiff of muslims associated with it?

Nope none, are you disappointed ?

https://news.sky.com/story/misogynist-sect-may-have-inspired-toronto-suspect-11346902

I have noticed on facebook all those screaming terror attack are again taking down their posts, In many ways this is far worse.
I had never heard of this group before now, what a sick bunch of misogynistic male idiots, who blame women for their own inadequacies.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
There was no immediate thread as no one was immediately offended.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nope none, are you disappointed ?

https://news.sky.com/story/misogynist-sect-may-have-inspired-toronto-suspect-11346902

I have noticed on facebook all those screaming terror attack are again taking down their posts, In many ways this is far worse.
I had never heard of this group before now, what a sick bunch of misogynistic male idiots, who blame women for their own inadequacies.

Disappointed? Of course not. I'm one of those strange types who regard people who attack and kill strangers in the name of any cause as being bonkers, regardless of the 'cause' or 'claims'.

I have not been following closely and don't know who 'done it', but I am guessing that because we don't have pages on this from the usual NSC suspects that it isn't muslims. I shall follow your link now and have a read....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I shall follow your link now and have a read....

.....wow! Just....wow. He claims he killed people because he couldn't get his leg over, and there is an 'organisation' through which he could vent before his spree?

TBH, I have the same feelings about this character as I do about people who kill random people in the name of a religion. Nutters. I got hammered previously for saying the 'Isis' types are mentally ill, but I will say it again in the present case. Mentally ill (pretty much by definition).

For those who say 'without (militant) Islam we would have no Islamic terrorists' please now be even handed and admit that without attractive discerning women who refuse to **** dweebs, there would be no 'Incel terrorism'.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
"The Incel Rebellion has already begun! We will overthrow all the Chads and Stacys! All hail the Supreme Gentleman Elliot Rodger!"

- These are the words Alek Minassian posted on Facebook just moments before he allegedly drove a van onto a packed pavement in Toronto on Monday, killing 10 people

-He said: "Girls gave their affection and sex and love to other men but never to me. I'm 22 years old, and I'm still a virgin. I've never even kissed a girl."

Stop this planet, I want to get off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here