Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Amazon prime account?

Anyone with an Amazon account can now sign up to Amazon Smile.

Essentially, for every purchase you make Amazon will donate 0.5% to your allotted Charity.

Make it so.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Albion in the Community is one of the many charities you could choose.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I’d rather they paid their UK taxes than try to bribe public opinion by offering a 0.5% of spend donation to a charity, tbh.

That said, given I have little ability to make them be a decent corporate guest in our country, I might as well take the 30 pieces of silver.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I’d rather they paid their UK taxes than try to bribe public opinion by offering a 0.5% of spend donation to a charity, tbh.

That said, given I have little ability to make them be a decent corporate guest in our country, I might as well take the 30 pieces of silver.

0.5% of their revenue is probably more than 20% of profits attributable to UK, if everyone took up the offer.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You think they’re making less than 2.5% net margin? Ok then.

maybe not that low, i didnt think the actual numbers through so "probably" is wrong word. its worth considering though, they are a high volume box shifter, so not high margin. i did read that ~70% of their revenue comes from AWS.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
maybe not that low, i didnt think the actual numbers through so "probably" is wrong word. its worth considering though, they are a high volume box shifter, so not high margin. i did read that ~70% of their revenue comes from AWS.

The standard commission they offer through their affiliate programme goes up to 10% of revenue for some categories of goods. I know a couple of website owners that are part of their affilate programme - they reckon they get an average of 5-7% back. One can only assume there’s still money being made by Amazon...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here