Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] First world problems, First world idiots....

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I thought I had heard it all, then along comes someone who just makes you wonder where just where humanity is headed....
talk about get your priorities in order.

Jeremy Vine this afternoon has someone on who designs apps for your mobile phones and tablets.

Some guy comes on and is hesitant to give his idea, due to potential copyright and someone stealing his idea.

So the App is basically you tap in your shopping list and go to your local supermarket that participates in this App.

Go to a point at the entrance of the store, plug in or download your shopping list and.......

The App will then show you your quickest route around the supermarket......

Oh for fecks sake.....
Get a life....

Last edited:

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I thought I had heard it all, then along comes someone who just makes you wonder where just where humanity is headed....
talk about get your priorities in order.

Jeremy Vine this afternoon has a someone on who designs apps for your mobile phones and tablets.

Some guy comes on and is hesitant to give his idea, due to potential copyright and someone stealing his idea.

So the App is basically you tap in your shopping list and go to your local supermarket that participates in this App.

Go to a point at the entrance of the store, plug in or download your shopping list and.......

The App will then show you your quickest route around the supermarket......

Oh for fecks sake.....
Get a life....

Hang on.

So he wants to compile a shopping list online...........but then go and pick it all up in store.....and wants to make this as quick as possible....

Someone needs to introduce him to online shopping.
:lolol:

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Hang on.

So he wants to compile a shopping list online...........but then go and pick it all up in store.....and wants to make this as quick as possible....

Someone needs to introduce him to online shopping.

It's called click and collect @ Asda ;)

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
So it's online shopping for the outdoorsy type?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Shopping in the order you've written your list is an excellent way of ensuring you achieve your 10,000 FitBit steps, come on people!

To be fair, when I go shopping I always take a list that has been written out by either myself or the wife.
I will religiously follow the order on the list even if this means traversing the supermarket on numerous occasions.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
To be fair, when I go shopping I always take a list that has been written out by either myself or the wife.
I will religiously follow the order on the list even if this means traversing the supermarket on numerous occasions.

If I do the list, I try and do it in order of the aisles. My wife does - to a certain extend - but seeing 'yogurt' when I'm in the cereals aisle will often result in a 'ffs' under my breath.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I check the fridge and whether I have left something empty on the worktop in the kitchen. I then shop by aisle, selecting things I need.

I would never supermarket shop online because I wouldn't trust the buggers to select perishables with the longest shelf life - a carry over from seeing my mum getting slipped one rotten bit of fruit/veg in every bag by the greengrocer on Boundary Road, Portslade in the 60s. The utter *******.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Who writes a shopping list anymore?

I'm not sure why things should different in this day and age, My mum had a shopping list because there were certain things we'd run out of and I have a shopping list because there are certain things I've run out of - hence the need for a list. Why don't you need a list is the relevant question. Do you just buy loads of things whether you need them or not?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

anyone who forgets something from 30 items needed if they arent written down. do you have super-memory, or one of those clever fridges that emails the supermarket with your weekly shop? (did they even happen? i recall they were going to revolutionised our life a few years back, along with ovens turning themselves on from an app, kettles that filled and boiled on schedule and washing machines that loaded themselves, washed, unloaded, ironed and folded our clothes automatically)

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Me, all the time.

Items are added to the list during the week, then placed into aisle order on the morning of the shopping day, which ensures that aisles which have no required items in, are avoided.

This does bring about a FFS moment whenever the supermarket decide to move things around.

However, as the supermarket assistants are now required to take you to the item, rather than just tell you which aisle the items are in, I get my own back by ensuring that I ask for the item, when I am furthest away from the item, thereby taking the assistant away from their current work for as long as possible

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Surely one of the joys of supermarket shopping is criss-crossing the place and, in passing, discovering the mysterious hobbit holes of Gluten-Free or Ethically Sourced Products along with the Denizens of these parts of the Store?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm with you on this, the wife often has a list she's built up then sends me in. I reckon it takes me twice as long as it should if I had an app to map out my quickest route. That's why I like Aldi, your choice is reduced, but so is your time spent in there...

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's why I like Aldi, your choice is reduced, but so is your time spent in there...

Except the time taken up is increased by queuing up for a parking space to get in the damn place, and then queuing up at the tills because they've only got 2 herberts working on them (and no self-scan option).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here