Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Transfer Rumour - Franco Cervi

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Newcastle are ready to do battle with three other Premier League clubs to sign Benfica winger Franco Cervi, according to reports in The Sun.

West Ham, Brighton and Swansea are also reportedly monitoring the £20million-rated Argentine.

Cervi has had a successful season with the Portuguese outfit, having started 27 of their 31 top-flight games this season but the 23-year-old is reportedly eager to move to England at the end of the season.

Magpies boss Rafa Benitez is desperate to add a left winger to his squad this summer and Cervi appears the perfect match, especially if they can’t acquire Chelsea man Kenedy for another season.

Cervi, known as ‘Little Chucky’ by fans hails from Rosario which is also home to Argentina superstars including Lionel Messi, Angel di Maria, Ezequiel Lavezzi, Mauro Icardi, Maxi Rodriguez, Ever Banega and Ezequiel Garay.

Read more at https://talksport.com/football/tran...itoring-ps20million-rated#DhDb6uv2SgcUlPUi.99

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB14xo5SFSM

Cervi.PNG

I think that is all the requirements met......

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Last edited:

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
£20m on a left winger?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
According to transfrmrkt he has dual nationality, Argentina and Italy, so I would guess he has an EU passport.

See there is a reason behind all this madness.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Would have thought a £20 million left sided winger was towards the bottom of the list of potential signings!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Would have thought a £20 million left sided winger was towards the bottom of the list of potential signings!

This season the team has only played really well, irrespective of opposition, when fielding 2 genuine winners playing near the top of their abilities.
Next season they'll be only 3 wingers in the squad (assuming there isn't a jnr or 2 coming through) and that just won't get the job done.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
This guy was great in 2007 FM....
Could never get him to sign for us then tho!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I expect is to be after a replacement for Skalak but not for £20m. I’m out.
If it's just a Skalak replacement maybe we should see who's available from a team like Sunderland.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here