Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Offers] Heritage Vegetables.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My proposition is:

You guys fund my proposed research (with view to publication) into Heritage Vegetables. I don't know what they are but here's my commitment.

If I raise £10,000 from you, knowledge hounds, I will spend six months researching this. I will then submit my findings to you for peer review. I think, already, that Potato is the answer but I don't want to prejudice the answer. It might be parsnips.

Be assured that I am academically minded and wish to do all I can to further "heritage vegetables" and make sure the subject is understood. At least by the fans of a minor PL football team.

Once I reach the 10k I will take six months off to do this.

Any takers.?

Www.justgiving.moneyforvegetables.com

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Sounds like a scam..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
If you could get a million instead, would you simply just get yourself a great big parsnip in the country ????

Turnip, get it right punish:

And if we can research into anything we have no experience or qualifications in, I'd go for red grape varieties of the Mediterranean rather than Heritage Vegetables crap :facepalm:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was thinking of doing some crowdfunded research into the advantages of using old rope over new. I already have an idea for the name of my 'just giving' page.......

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
I want to see a detailed methodology, a fully costed research proposal and evidence of what makes you expert in this field (including an extensive publication record on this topic) before I contribute a single penny to this ... you know, like any academic would have to produce before even considering submitting a funding application. The funding application should take you between two and three months of your free time to produce, and you'd be devoting your unpaid labour knowing that the potential chance of being successful would be about 8% (if you're lucky).

Equally, the education that it would take to make you qualified to carry out such a study would be at least 7 years in length (3 years undergraduate, 1 year masters and 3 years PhD). During this time you would be accumulating thousands of pounds with of debt that will take you decades to pay off. You'd then be left with applying for scarce academic jobs in your field of expertise, having to take lots of precarious teaching posts (which end up paying less then minimum wage), often on zero hours contracts.

Then and only then would you have the requisite knowledge to understand whether or not the project you are proposing is meaningful and will be knowledge generating within its field. Once you have done all this, come back and make your proposition again.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I'm not sure I'm happy with discriminating against turnips tbh. They have just as much right to be a heritage vegetable as the next er vegetable.

Heritage for all!

SAVE THE TURNIP!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I want to see a detailed methodology, a fully costed research proposal and evidence of what makes you expert in this field (including an extensive publication record on this topic) before I contribute a single penny to this ... you know, like any academic would have to produce before even considering submitting a funding application. The funding application should take you between two and three months of your free time to produce, and you'd be devoting your unpaid labour knowing that the potential chance of being successful would be about 8% (if you're lucky).

Equally, the education that it would take to make you qualified to carry out such a study would be at least 7 years in length (3 years undergraduate, 1 year masters and 3 years PhD). During this time you would be accumulating thousands of pounds with of debt that will take you decades to pay off. You'd then be left with applying for scarce academic jobs in your field of expertise, having to take lots of precarious teaching posts (which end up paying less then minimum wage), often on zero hours contracts.

Then and only then would you have the requisite knowledge to understand whether or not the project you are proposing is meaningful and will be knowledge generating within its field. Once you have done all this, come back and make your proposition again.

I terms of my qualifications.

I hold a BSc in Nursing, am a member of the chartered institute of Marketing and can play "amazing grace" on a tin whistle.

I have cycling proficiency (grade I) and a bronze swimming badge.

In terms of my vegetable credentials. I have only one. I know what they are.

My aim is to raise funds in order to further my own vegetable knowledge, especially "heritage" and to share that with you.

It is not, repeat not, a doss for me. No.

I am offering my completely unrelated mental capacity to this worthy subject. I'm sure you will agree that's worth 10 thousand pounds.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I don't know about money but I can offer this picture of a carrot with a winkle
carrot.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I'm not sure I'm happy with discriminating against turnips tbh. They have just as much right to be a heritage vegetable as the next er vegetable.

Heritage for all!

SAVE THE TURNIP!

I haven't even started my research yet as my funding stands at £0.00

Your attempt to Squew my research before it begins is risible.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
And there was me, thinking this was going to be a thread about the slightly older fans from Palarse....

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I used to like vegetables, but Stephen Hawking died, so I moved on to liking fruits, but then Dale Winton died so I stopped that too. Just tried ornithology as I have extensive knowledge of tits.......got thrush.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My proposition is:

You guys fund my proposed research (with view to publication) into Heritage Vegetables. I don't know what they are but here's my commitment.

If I raise £10,000 from you, knowledge hounds, I will spend six months researching this. I will then submit my findings to you for peer review. I think, already, that Potato is the answer but I don't want to prejudice the answer. It might be parsnips.

Be assured that I am academically minded and wish to do all I can to further "heritage vegetables" and make sure the subject is understood. At least by the fans of a minor PL football team.

Once I reach the 10k I will take six months off to do this.

Any takers.?

Www.justgiving.moneyforvegetables.com

Why give you money to research on something that by your own admission you are unqualified to research? It would be like giving me, a heart expert, money to do research on the anal sphyncter.

Sorry, I missed this thread earlier. It seems a bit shit to me and I can't be bothered to read any of the replies. Sorry.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I terms of my qualifications.

I hold a BSc in Nursing, am a member of the chartered institute of Marketing and can play "amazing grace" on a tin whistle.

I have cycling proficiency (grade I) and a bronze swimming badge.

In terms of my vegetable credentials. I have only one. I know what they are.

My aim is to raise funds in order to further my own vegetable knowledge, especially "heritage" and to share that with you.

It is not, repeat not, a doss for me. No.

I am offering my completely unrelated mental capacity to this worthy subject. I'm sure you will agree that's worth 10 thousand pounds.

I'm sure the National Trust grow heritage flower and veg :)
I found this also.
View attachment WINCOTT_Treasure in the vault_AM.pdf

Why give you money to research on something that by your own admission you are unqualified to research? It would be like giving me, a heart expert, money to do research on the anal sphyncter.

But Mr. Harry, recognising that you are not qualified to do something is not the Millennial way.

How much do you need to complete a Monograph on anal sphincters?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here